Saints vs Bucs a rivalry?... Are we getting to the point where it's as big as Saints/Falcons? (3 Viewers)

According to my friends from Atlanta, there isn’t a rivalry. Falcons are just bad and Saints fans just rub it in.
Disclaimer:
Yes there are lots of good people from Atlanta. Yes I do let the hate fly when it comes to sports.
I can attest to this. I’m only 4 hours away from Atlanta and I’ve never met a bad Falcons fan. They are actually fun to lightly banter with. You would think that they would vehemently despise us, but they are pretty welcoming with the sports talk.

I can attest to this. I’m only 4 hours away from Atlanta and I’ve never met a bad Falcons fan. They are actually fun to lightly banter with. You would think that they would vehemently despise us, but they are pretty welcoming with the sports talk.
As it should be ⚜️🖤💛⚜️ #AtlantaSucks

I go to Atlanta once a year or so.
Quite frankly, there aren’t alot of Falcons fans.
The Bulldogs own the state.

I’d have to say “not really” as my answer. Both teams right now are about as “mid” as you can get, as the young folks like to term it now. It’s a very easy prediction to make that the eventual division champ will once again struggle mightily to get to 9-8.

They ended Drew's last season in the playoffs, so I hate them for that

Bucs fans really want us to hate them but we just don't. Outside of Lattimore and Mike Evans, I don't think there is really any bad blood.

And, from a fan perspective, I don't think any of us have much of any feelings about them. I think I dislike Minnesota and Philly more than Tampa and they aren't even in our division.
I kind of respect the Bucs because they're 2-0 in the Super Bowl. I hate teams not in our division way more than the Bucs.

NFC South rivalry? Not really. Animosity between the two? Yes.

National rivalry? Absolutely not.
I wouldn’t even call the Falcons the national rival to the Saints.
In my opinion, the Saints have two national rivals; the Rams and Vikings.
And I make this statement for a few reasons.
1. The Rams and Vikings have historically been more successful than the Falcons. So, most of the country are familiar with those franchises.
2. The Saints have more nationally known games with those franchises. Good and bad.
The 09 and 18 NFCCGs for example. Kamara’s Christmas Game.
3. Just by viewing how the networks schedule the Saints games with the Rams and Vikings. That’s gonna be the rivalry games for the Saints when they’re on national TV.

After a conversation I started a couple months ago, I'm not saying anything. Lol.

True story, went to a Doplhins / Bills game in Miami for a bachelor party. Going to an NFL game between 2 teams that legit hate each other ( was 1995) was a real eye opener and I learned my team doesn't have anything like that. I've got teams I want the Bucs to beat more than others, but if it wasn't for the division I'm not sure the Saints would be on the list. Ya'll have been royaly screwed so many times it's kind of hard not to root for them when my team is out of the picture.

Now, for trolling purposes, if your a Bucs fan and want to trigger a Saints fan, call them a rival. Really people, three pages? Protest too much??? 😀

I hate the Falcons and Panthers significantly more than the Bucs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom