Say goodbye to Twinkies (1 Viewer)

I guess the fact that the raises given to executives in January more than made up for the concessions they were seeking is a totally irrelevant fact. It was the unions who busted it up.

Even if the executives made money who cares you have to get talent in the right spots.
So tripling the salary of the CEO (from 750k to 2.55mil) makes sense to KEEP the top talent that oversaw them entering bankruptcy again and needing massive labor concessions to stay alive? They weren't bringing in a hired gun to clean up a mess. They were REWARDING the guy that created the mess. What exactly are you smoking?

Saltwater specialty is about 300% on livestock %130 to 200% on dry goods. Just some well know examples, clownfish wholesale at 3-5 bucks delivered and sell for 20-25 all day back then. Rare stuff gets 500% on corals typically but you have to remember stuff dies from time to time. Prior to internet competition a saltwater fish store owner could get very wealthy.

Then it's even less believable for me to hear you say you were making less than minimum wage working 120 hours per week and doing $45K per month in sales at an average of 300% muf.

Anyway, I guess it's Obama's fault the internet came along and ruined all your fun.

the executive packages are not the point they had the choice to make and choose no job. pretty stupid if you ask me. and they should have canned the ceo i agree but ya still got to pay to get a good one......

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Daily Kos: Inside the Hostess Bankery

In July of 2011 we received a letter from the company. It said that the $3+ per hour that we as a Union contribute to the pension was going to be 'borrowed' by the company until they could be profitable again. Then they would pay it all back. The Union was notified of this the same time and method as the individual members. No contact from the company to the Union on a national level.

This money will never be paid back.

What was this last/best/final offer? You'd never know by watching the main stream media tell the story. So here you go...
1) 8% hourly pay cut in year 1 with additional cuts totaling 27% over 5 years. Currently, I make $16.12 an hour at TOP rate of pay in the bakery. I would drop to $11.26 in 5 years.
2) They get to keep our $3+ an hour forever.
3) Doubling of weekly insurance premium.
4) Lowering of overall quality of insurance plan.
5) TOTAL withdrawal from ALL pensions. If you don't have it now then you never will.

Remember how I said I made $48,000 in 2005 and $34,000 last year? I would make $25,000 in 5 years if I took their offer.

to throw another quote in here:
It will be hard to replace the job I had, but it will be easy to replace the job they were trying to give me. That $3+ per hour they steal totaled $50 million last year that they never paid us.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

to throw another quote in here:

Sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk 2
Who Dat!

Have her try to say that come Jan 1. Cox cable is killing a call center here in Tucson and transferring the calls to the Phoenix center on Jan 1. My sister in law is out of a job and they all but called out Obama care in the meeting. They are not increasing staff in Phx. just increasing hold times I guess. Bet they are doing that all over the country.

Now the Bimbo company in Mexico is buying Hostess it appears, so as I figured they are moving south with those jobs. And guess what executives will still get paid........

Twinkies are like Spam. Everyone likes the fact that they exist, but don't actually like the food.

Then it's even less believable for me to hear you say you were making less than minimum wage working 120 hours per week and doing $45K per month in sales at an average of 300% muf.

Anyway, I guess it's Obama's fault the internet came along and ruined all your fun.

It's 100% believable. I've worked in a pet shop selling marine animals. The markup is crazy. But keeping a couple thousand gallons of saltwater inhabitable for livestock isn't cheap.

It's 100% believable. I've worked in a pet shop selling marine animals. The markup is crazy. But keeping a couple thousand gallons of saltwater inhabitable for livestock isn't cheap.

Math is your friend when in business and if you can sell $45k per month at a 300% muf with rent and utilities less than $3k per month and a third of your time is spent doing service calls and installs at 120 hours per week then you're not charging enough.

It's not an Obama fault. It's not regulation. It's the owner and his model. And, to the person's post who made the claim that nobody, but him understands that that is what it takes to run a small business, my response is simple.

It does not take 120 hours to make a living in a small retail business. If it does, you're doing it wrong.

Have her try to say that come Jan 1. Cox cable is killing a call center here in Tucson and transferring the calls to the Phoenix center on Jan 1. My sister in law is out of a job and they all but called out Obama care in the meeting. They are not increasing staff in Phx. just increasing hold times I guess. Bet they are doing that all over the country.

cox went through this in louisiana over the last few years. when i worked there in the first half of the 2000s, the biggest selling point they had for new employees was that they have never laid anyone off* or had a union of any kind. well after working there for almost 5 years, the writing was on the wall that eventually there would be a lot of changes. it is the most wasteful company i've had witness to and even more so than working for the state. the cox sisters relinquishing control of the company started the decline and the decision to go public then buy back the shares didn't help with the finances either. what is funny is that when ray nagin was over cox louisiana, it ran like a well oiled machine. sadly it didn't quite carry over to politics..

*they just eliminate positions

Math is your friend when in business and if you can sell $45k per month at a 300% muf with rent and utilities less than $3k per month and a third of your time is spent doing service calls and installs at 120 hours per week then you're not charging enough.

It's not an Obama fault. It's not regulation. It's the owner and his model. And, to the person's post who made the claim that nobody, but him understands that that is what it takes to run a small business, my response is simple.

It does not take 120 hours to make a living in a small retail business. If it does, you're doing it wrong.

Well if your passion is Marine Aquariums then it is. You cant have a day off for Christmas, or take a weekend off. Fish have to eat and if a system has a pump go out you can loose 10k in a few hours. Employees are the main issue fish guys and fish girls are hard to find. I had one reliable employee in the 5 years, heck even caught a Mormon girl stealing coral.

In hind site I would have opened an Asian Massage parlor cause that sells itself and you just gotta go pick up money.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom