Schlereth giving props (1 Viewer)

You are right. That's exactly what he did when he lowered his shoulder and cut in to lay a hit on the Lions DB near the endzone Sunday right by the sideline. Oh wait...
i guess one example proves me wrong....you beat me:worthy:

Why must he call Reggie soft?? That chaps my backside. Pound for pound, Reggie is just as tough as anyone. By his definition, it would make any smaller player "soft".

At the end of the day, Reggie is simply not built to take the pounding of running against Defensive Linemen and Linebackers play after play.

I've seen way to many plays where Reggie put the hurt on guys when it's necessary. Stink is an idiot.

Is Stink an idiot because there is truth in what he saids?? Reggie more times than not, breakes to the outside instead of taking what is in front of him. He even did that versus the Lions on Sunday.

That's news.... he hates the Saints. Well maybe not "hate", but he rarely has positive comments about us.
I don't know that he hates the Saints but he doesn't like Reggie one bit. He rarely misses an opportunity to dog him. Schlereth is not what I'd call an "outside-the-box" thinker.

i guess one example proves me wrong....you beat me:worthy:

There are countless examples pointed out dozens of times on this forum.

Bush goes outa bounds when it makes sense. That doesn't make him a good runner, but it also doesn't make him soft. He gives his body up constantly for this team.

When the Saints show they are for real and show it on the field then they all will start talking about how good we are.

Yes, the Saints are a bunch pinnochios out there on the field. Pinnochios who will hang 21 on a team in the blink of an eye, mostly before the first half ends. One day, they will turn into real boys!

/sarcasm off

Reggie more times than not, breakes to the outside instead of taking what is in front of him. He even did that versus the Lions on Sunday.

He went outside 3 times on Sunday, all 3 due to there being literally NOTHING inside. And that led to his 10-yard gain. And when he DID go inside as the play was designed, he got stoned by an untouched LB or DE in the hole.

There are countless examples pointed out dozens of times on this forum.

Bush goes outa bounds when it makes sense. That doesn't make him a good runner, but it also doesn't make him soft. He gives his body up constantly for this team.

I agree here, Reggie is not soft at all. He does pretty well at picking up a blitz when needed. The only time he runs out of bounds is when it doesn't make sense to take a hit, like when he already has the first down. When we need the extra yard, he always lays out for it. I don't see how anyone can think he's afraid of contact.

I agree here, Reggie is not soft at all. He does pretty well at picking up a blitz when needed. The only time he runs out of bounds is when it doesn't make sense to take a hit, like when he already has the first down. When we need the extra yard, he always lays out for it. I don't see how anyone can think he's afraid of contact.

Because the only way to be a "real" RB is to run head-long into any and every defender regardless of circumstances. It's just stupid macho BS. I'd rather my RB not take extra shots when they're unneeded. As Leodis McKelvin found out the other night, that extra yard isn't always important.

Because the only way to be a "real" RB is to run head-long into any and every defender regardless of circumstances. It's just stupid macho BS. I'd rather my RB not take extra shots when they're unneeded. As Leodis McKelvin found out the other night, that extra yard isn't always important.
cuz leodis mckelvin is a running back?

its not about being a real running back.....IMO reggie is as much a running back as brandon jacobs.....but when you talk about toughness.....when you talk about players being soft......reggie fits the description almost perfectly

also....id rather have my running back take extra shots when it gets us extra yardage.....their job is to get hit....if he cant take it then he needs to find another one

cuz leodis mckelvin is a running back?

The concept is the same; the extra yard isn't always important.

its not about being a real running back.....IMO reggie is as much a running back as brandon jacobs.....but when you talk about toughness.....when you talk about players being soft......reggie fits the description almost perfectly

No he doesn't. What makes him soft? He takes as hard of hits as anyone else, gets back up, and goes back to work. Guys with alligator arms are soft. Guys who fall down immediately after a catch are soft.

also....id rather have my running back take extra shots when it gets us extra yardage.....their job is to get hit....if he cant take it then he needs to find another one

Actually, their job is to gain yards running the ball and NOT get hit since getting hit leads to being tackled. The more extra shots a back takes has nothing to do with the extra yardage they may or may not get. It also leads to more injuries and more turnovers. The ONLY time that "extra yard" matters is for 1st downs and TDs, both of which Reggie has sacrificed his body numerous times for, especially TDs. If he picks up the first, what point is it in getting hit for 1 more yard? It's just stupid macho BS.

The things is when people are dumping on a player, they tend to throw every bad label they can find even if it doesn't fit. The whole "can't take a hit" BS is well...BS. Show me ONE time someone laid the wood to him and he played scared the rest of the night. ONE time.

Can't do it, can you?

When Sheldon Brown decleated him, Bush was winded and had to catch his breath, sure. But what happened maybe...2 plays later? He goes right, finds nothing, reverses field and is tackled 40 yards later. And later on he got the endzone on the reverse in a way only he can do it.

I remember when he hurdled over a Tampa Bay player and either Derrick Brooks or #23(can't remember his name) laid him out. He bounced right back up.

Reggie's injuries have NEVER come from being hit, and they've been knee problems, which you can't do a whole lot to prevent.

Stick with lambasting his ability to run the ball, but don't get into the the physical stuff already.

did I not just here him on the Herd saying that Rogers is by far the best QB in the NFC????

I could really care less, but I thought I am heard him say that.

Gosh, when you watch these personalites on the video stream you realize what dorks they really are when they interact in person :covri:

I've said it before. Kim is harder to tackle than Reggie & she's on her back a lot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom