Scoot in the Morning (1 Viewer)

"but Redmond, a heterosexual"...........

Nice pic MBS, really brings out the above quote....:hihi:

BTW, who the heck is Scott Redmond? I thought his name was Scott Paisant......:idunno:

Scoot is doing contract work hosting on WWL 870 AM and fills in when other on-air personalities (Bob DelGiorno, Garland, Spud, Tommy Tucker) are sick or on vacation.

As a matter of fact, he's filling in for Tommy tonight through Thursday 8 pm to 12 am.

st. dave

This thread is fun for the entire family.

Does anyone remember 106.1? It had rock. I remember some British DJ that played some music.

Hell yeah- it was called "The Zephyr" (like our old roller coaster) and it used to play things like Debbie D and Timmy T in the late 80s/early 90s :smilielol:

They used to broadcast live a lot from places like Gators, Aliens, Kenny Vincent's Southside...

OH THOSE WERE THE DAYS :biglol:

Del giornio to tucker?
Its not a lateral.move but its certainly no improvement (unless.understanding what the host is saying is important)

But Tommy is such a bleeeeh

Hell yeah- it was called "The Zephyr" (like our old roller coaster) and it used to play things like Debbie D and Timmy T in the late 80s/early 90s :smilielol:

They used to broadcast live a lot from places like Gators, Aliens, Kenny Vincent's Southside...

Yes I remember that station. The British DJ was Grant....something...I do remember him doing the afternoons on the Zephyr. Ah the good old days of college life....I miss em! The real world s#cks!

B97 in the late '90's tried the talk thing, which went over like a fart in church, and I think Scoot was on in the afternoon, or maybe for the drive home...

lol

He was actually on in the morning. I also believe his ratings were pretty high.

"The Zephyr" was awesome! I was just talking about it the other day in fact. Didn't they used to do a concert called "Zephyr-Fest"?

When "The Zephyr" was gone, 106.7 The End kind of picked up in it's place. Then one day..... country :smileypuker:

lol

He was actually on in the morning. I also believe his ratings were pretty high.

in the 80s he was on in the morning, in the mid 90s B97 switched to the talk format for a couple years and he was on in the afternoon-- his show may have started in the late morning, but it was mostly an afternoon call-in show. i actually enjoyed that talk show, but i'm a little unusual in that i've always enjoyed talk radio.

The Zephyer, that's right! I remember it always came across the radio at my parents house very scratchy, so I could never listen to it clearly unless my brothers drove me somewhere and we would listen to it in the car. That's where I first heard Pinkerton by Weezer. Their music selections were always great and ahead of their time, or stuff like the cure and big head Todd and the monsters stuff. Why does that station no longer exist?

I knew I heard him on WWL lately. Wow...never imagined that voice came out of that head!

scottpaisantjpg-9116bf7d187941a7_large.jpg

Rod+Stewart+Red+Carpet+Glamour+Women+Year+6HSfipEiTtOl.jpg

106.1 was the "New Oldies Channel" for 2.5 months and then converted to "106.1 The Ticket" on January 2nd. Carries FOX Sports radio, The Jim Rome Show, Gerry V (local) in the afternoon.

Crazy industry.

Personal Note: Congrats and good luck to Scoot! Try to stay here for a while, this time.

st. dave

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom