Screenshot of Lattimore Liking a BR Post that the Texas Will Trade for Him (3 Viewers)

I never said it did, I believe i stated it was my opinion, which my premise is based on (which are what most premises are based on with this board).....I know there are folks that don't agree with it.....I also know there are players that will show support (or feign support) for their HC in almost any circumstance.....often up and until that coach is fired....

We will see what happens this year.....
Fair enough, my only counter to that is this.

My belief is that Penning has coordination issues and I'm using Peat as a comparison with how he couldn't play on any position on the right side of the field, right? That belief hasn't been confirmed or denied yet, so for now I'll debate and hold onto that opinion. If at any point he shows improvement on the left side, I'll gladly retract.

Your belief is that players don't like him, but your belief has been dispelled by multiple players. Rather than back away from the belief you double down on it and say..well they are not being "totally honest". Jameis Winston, Demario Davis, and Tyrann Mathieu have all come out and said DA is a good coach, does just fine as a leader, relates to them, and they like him.

That's holding on to a belief that's been myth busted in a way and now you're just being stubborn in my eyes. It's admirable in a way, since you're unshakeable but the flip side of that is the aforementioned.

Anyhow, I hope you're proven right in a way or find some clarity.

Fair enough, my only counter to that is this.

My belief is that Penning has coordination issues and I'm using Peat as a comparison with how he couldn't play on any position on the right side of the field, right? That belief hasn't been confirmed or denied yet, so for now I'll debate and hold onto that opinion. If at any point he shows improvement on the left side, I'll gladly retract.

Your belief is that players don't like him, but your belief has been dispelled by multiple players. Rather than back away from the belief you double down on it and say..well they are not being "totally honest". Jameis Winston, Demario Davis, and Tyrann Mathieu have all come out and said DA is a good coach, does just fine as a leader, relates to them, and they like him.

That's holding on to a belief that's been myth busted in a way and now you're just being stubborn in my eyes. It's admirable in a way, since you're unshakeable but the flip side of that is the aforementioned.

Anyhow, I hope you're proven right in a way or find some clarity.

I'm in the camp of there is at least a chance that Penning will break out this year, he's got the tools/ability athletically, just needs the proper coaching and technique......at the same time, I think it is taking a huge, unnecessary risk not to try and retain Peat, I'll be curious to see the terms of the contract with the Raiders....

It's not so much that the players "don't like him", it's more along the lines of vets like Latt, Davis, Cam see their careers slipping by and not being on a team that is contending or at least making the playoffs.....I think you will see vets on both sides of the ball getting more vocal about that if this season goes off the rails....

I don't necessarily care about being "right" in this case, I just want the Saints to make the playoffs and get back to at least feeling like we have a chance.....I haven't seen that happening with DA and have seen nothing from him that shows he is capable of being a decent HC in the NFL......I'm hoping that changes this season (as we have made changes almost everywhere except HC).....we will see.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom