Scrolls - Mojang's new game (1 Viewer)

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
From the makers of Minecraft, scrolls (www.scrolls.com) is a collectible card game (like Magic) with a bit of board game twist (it's been compared to Warhammer). (Also, Bethesda and Mojang settled a lawsuit related to the Elder Scrolls name).

Basically when your cards generate creatures, they become game pieces that have some limited movement ability.

Like Minecraft, $20.95 gets you into the beta and lifetime updates (and the release version). Extra cards and decks can be bought for real money, but there is an ingame gold system that is fairly generous with the rewards.

I bought it a few days ago, and it's pretty fun (though I am a former MTG player). I have been mostly going through the trials (against the AI) and haven't gone head to head, but that will come soon. It's pretty cool. Nice casual time waster.

Anyone else tried it?

yeah, a friend of mine was telling me about this wednesday night. then i drank his whiskey.

I have been playing Order & Chaos: Duels lately (another card based MTG style game). The mobile platform is ideal for such a style game. This will eventually port over to tablets. Minecraft has done too well on mobile for them to NOT port it.

It will definitely come out on tablets. I would suspect the only reason they released on PC (and Mac) first is so they can charge for both platforms.

So does it just have some sort of random online matchmaking or is it lobbies and such for playing against people. Never played any of the card games, but I'm assuming it's one on one for that, right?

So does it just have some sort of random online matchmaking or is it lobbies and such for playing against people. Never played any of the card games, but I'm assuming it's one on one for that, right?

Yes lobbies, or "quick match" or "ranked games" And yes one on one. So far games are 15-20 minutes.

I may have to try it out some time; got a new job starting soon so may have game cash again (actually, don't tell anyone but it's with the broader div doing xbox work).

Heh, boring internal tool from what I gathered at interview; so a boring tool working on a boring tool.

Still the building is full of fun propaganda.

I took the plunge; it's a little weird getting used to, but seems interesting.

So, I'm too stupid to figure out where the quit or exit command is in the game. I've just been using AltF4, but that doesn't seem right.

Ah, idiot. Only regular key I didn't try. Trying all the Ctrl Alts and tab, but skipped esc I guess.

How far are you on the challenges? The maximum wolf one is kicking my butt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom