Sean Payton’s crowd reception when he returns (41 Viewers)

In Jets and Browns territory.
A much smaller fanbase.
No expectations.
You wouldn’t have any Saints in the Hall. It’s no accident that they started getting in post XLIV.
No identity in the national consciousness.
And the crazy thing is now, the NFL is getting rid of onside kicks by the start of the 2nd half. If not for that, who knows where we are today?

And the crazy thing is now, the NFL is getting rid of onside kicks by the start of the 2nd half. If not for that, who knows where we are today?
National perception wise? Probably like the Titans and their 99 season.
I’m not exaggerating. A championship really changes national perception that much.

I would cheer the man but honestly I don' care either way. It's all water under the bridge now.

Thunderous applause and cheering
I certainly hope so. Although maybe he saddled us with DA, I for one will not forget the Lombardi and the sense every season that the sky's the limit, even if it only ended with one (amazing) Super Bowl win.

Same with the 2008 Cardinals.
I think the Titans are more comparable because Fisher had about the same amount of years as Titans coach as Sean had in NOLA.

Arizona’s 08 run has got to be one of the most puzzling runs to a Super Bowl. Along with the Eagles 17 run.
Wisenhunt isn’t even in the NFL anymore. He’s in the UFL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom