Saints Seems like every other team expected to sign Bridgewater (Speculation) (1 Viewer)

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
This is getting ridiculous...LOL!

I've also heard that the Bears and Bucs will sign him too.

Last edited:

dutar76

4th Year Vet
Reaction score
But that is not the context.

In that 5 game stretch, the only team above .500 the Saints beat was the Seahawks, and it took a pick 6 and a punt returned for a TD to beat them.

The other 4 teams, they ended .500 or below and didn't even sniffed the playoffs.

In one game, the offense scored only 12 points, no TD's, against the "vaunted" Dallas defense, and somehow ended winning the game.

In another, the offense scored 13 points and ended up winning the game too, because the Jacksonville offense was awful.

Everybody passed against Tampa Bay. This is the only game in which Bridgewater threw for more than 300 yards, btw.
And this is the main reason I've been on the fence about whether or not teams would offer Teddy a multi-year starting QB contract this offseason. I could see it going either way. He's definitely a QB you can win with if you have the talent around him. He's not the type of QB to lose games for you. It's just that in Minny and in New Orleans this year, he was just that... A competent QB that doesn't make bad decisions and beat himself. Usually, it seems that teams tend to look for a QB who's a bit more of a game-changer.

Not to say that Teddy can't be that or become that. He's got the tools and he's young and likely hasn't approached his ceiling yet. But for a team to make a big all-in commitment to him based on his body of work seems a stretch to me. That's why I'm surprised by all the teams rumored to be in the running for him.

guillermo

Visible minority
Reaction score
And this is the main reason I've been on the fence about whether or not teams would offer Teddy a multi-year starting QB contract this offseason. I could see it going either way. He's definitely a QB you can win with if you have the talent around him. He's not the type of QB to lose games for you. It's just that in Minny and in New Orleans this year, he was just that... A competent QB that doesn't make bad decisions and beat himself. Usually, it seems that teams tend to look for a QB who's a bit more of a game-changer.

Not to say that Teddy can't be that or become that. He's got the tools and he's young and likely hasn't approached his ceiling yet. But for a team to make a big all-in commitment to him based on his body of work seems a stretch to me. That's why I'm surprised by all the teams rumored to be in the running for him.

I think he is much better then that, but even if you consider Teddy a "game manager", those can earn over 15 million a year.

Teddy on my opinion will be a better option for at least 10 teams right now. Not all of these teams will be looking for a quarterback, we will see how the market is for him.

He only needs two suitors to get a big deal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Teddy doesn't make costly mistakes, other than taking sacks or being a little too careful with the football. He would do okay on a team with a strong running game and an above average defense. He's definitely not the type to take over a game. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness or mobility, and that's his main flaw. That's not to say he can't improve somewhat. He looked better each week he played for us. I just think only a team that has that strong run-game and stingy defense would really benefit from having him.

RAIZO SAINTS

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I sure wish we could’ve tagged him or another year so we could’ve gotten trade value . I think a team would’ve parted with a 2nd for sure maybe a 1st for Teddy
Teddy is in the place where he can make the choice to go where he want.if the saints want him give me a long turn deal.

RAIZO SAINTS

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Teddy doesn't make costly mistakes, other than taking sacks or being a little too careful with the football. He would do okay on a team with a strong running game and an above average defense. He's definitely not the type to take over a game. He doesn't have the greatest pocket awareness or mobility, and that's his main flaw. That's not to say he can't improve somewhat. He looked better each week he played for us. I just think only a team that has that strong run-game and stingy defense would really benefit from having him.
he made the pro bowl.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Mental Floss

Banned
Reaction score
I show up in a lot of threads. I'm interested in all aspects of the Saints because I'm a Saints fan. The posters I'm referring to.. don't.
I'm really sorry those of us who think Taysom has the potential to be a sensational QB upset you so much.

Please suffer quietly, it is not your place to decide who is a fan and who isn't or who we have a right to discuss.

Mental Floss

Banned
Reaction score
As for Taysom, he still needs to get more accurate with his throws.
I'm curious how you arrived at that determination? Maybe you can add how that comports with the following play? And before you give me that tired response about 3rd string players, he was throwing to the same class of receiver from behind a third string offensive line .

• If his passes are inaccurate it makes zero difference who the other players on the field are.
  • The only way a football can be caught is if it arrives where the receiver can catch it.
  • He was throwing to less talented receivers who presumably have a smaller catchable target zone than say MT. Or maybe you want to argue that "about to be cut receivers" have better hands than MT?
  • His two year average is 70%. Sorry but even on Uranus that's pretty darn accurate.

1581063800461.png

Reaction score
Personally, I am not concerned about Teddy leaving. The upside of Taysom Hill is what I think the correct play is for the organization, and quite honestly I would literally never fear Teddy Bridgewater at QB if he signed with a common opponent or divisional opponent of ours.

I really like the guy as a person and think he is a good backup, but as a starting QB, he is a game manager and not someone that will "win" a game for you, but will at best "not lose" the game for you. Big difference.

I feel like a lot of people see backup QB went 5-0 and think it means he must be great. But for those watching the games closely, they know Teddy isn't why the Saints went 5-0.

I know many people will point to a couple of his more-decent games, or that one time he threw for 300 yards that I can remember off-hand, but a lot of that production was off of an excellent screen game, dump-offs, and/or passes to literally the best WR in football, with a game plan tailored by arguably the best schemer and play-caller in football, versus what I believe was a statistically porous pass defense with an injury or two.

So if he signs with Carolina, so be it. I'd be more than happy with facing Teddy twice a year.
Careful what you ask for..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom