Setting Realistic Expectations For Saints Rookie WR Bub Means - USA Today Article (1 Viewer)

He looks a lot like Nick Toon. Similar traits and size/speed. Draft capital definitely more in line than Deebo. Samuel was the far better prospect than Means. That doesn’t mean that he can’t carve out a role and be productive, but there is no way that I’d expect anything remotely close to Deebo. We’d be really fortunately to find a key role player at Means’ draft capital.

Gotta be careful when estimating the worth of a rook.

Raise your hand if you foresaw the impact that UDFA Lance Moore would have with the Saints. Old school Saints fans could also put Danny Abramowicz in the same conversation.

Having “heart” is a fire 🔥 stoked from within a person. Not everyone has it. But when it’s there, it’s a game changer (pun intended).

JMO

:gosaints:

On one hand you're saying the dude is a clone of Deebo Samuel. But then you're also saying that of course you aren't comparing a 5th round unknown to a singular, All Pro talent. It's like you want to say he's Deebo Samuel without saying he's Deebo Samuel. If Deebo is your comp for Bub Means then by god, say it with your chest. Get it out there. Let it be known. But don't try to say it without saying it.

I said what I said without it being conflicted. Don't need any put words in my mouth or make me say something beyond what I said. I think I make myself clear in the other thread without rehashing it all in this thread. My post above speaks for itself as well.

Hell, I hope you're right and we have Deebo Samuel Part 2: The Sequel. But I'm just not ready to go as far you right now. I need more time to come to the conclusion you have arrived at.

We should all be happy if Means were to have similar production as Deebo Samuel. However, I never said or suggested he would. I only went as far as to point out their similar RAS measurables and wondered if he could be a similar fit in the Kubiak system that will be implemented in New Orleans. We haven't seen it yet and it's possible we never will as we don't know yet what specific plans Kubiak has for any of the players, Means included. I didn't say or suggest he would be as successful in that role as Deebo or not. The only conclusion I arrived at is that they have almost exact measurables.

We should temper expectations of anything coming from a newspaper with next to zero subscribers. They have to give it away to cheap hotels just to claim circulation.

Gannett may be the worst run corporation in history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom