Severe Weather 2024 (2 Viewers)

These videos are terrifying. They make the derecho that hit here in HTX look like a joke. Prayers for the victims.

Tomorrow is level 4/5 from Oklahoma extending into KS and TX. Likely will go 5/5 tomorrow. After that the central plains finally get a break and everything shifts to the midwest and TN valley. After that i really hope to sleep in my bed for a few nights.

Tomorrow is level 4/5 from Oklahoma extending into KS and TX. Likely will go 5/5 tomorrow. After that the central plains finally get a break and everything shifts to the midwest and TN valley. After that i really hope to sleep in my bed for a few nights.
A level 5 risk is not a common one. What do we have, maybe one or two a year?

A level 5 risk is not a common one. What do we have, maybe one or two a year?
This will be the 2nd of the year. The last day was the Barnsdall EF4 in OK. This is the first one that really makes the hair on the back of my beck stand up in a long time.

This will be the 2nd of the year. The last day was the Barnsdall EF4 in OK. This is the first one that really makes the hair on the back of my beck stand up in a long time.
Oh damn. If you're making that statement, then shirt is serious. Be safe out there.

I'm very concerned. Flying out to Canada tomorrow. Almost hate to leave and hope I'm not doing a turnaround when I get there.

Living here you get used to crazy weather but this one scares me.

I'm very concerned. Flying out to Canada tomorrow. Almost hate to leave and hope I'm not doing a turnaround when I get there.

Living here you get used to crazy weather but this one scares me.
If the models are right then tomorrow is going to be an ugly day. The environmental conditions are just off the charts. The good news. The models arent always right and the higher the parameter space it seems the easier it is for one missing piece to make it all fall apart. The last 6-10 high risks have mostly been busts.

Other good news, odds of getting hit by a tornado on any given day are really low.

Just be prepared.

If the models are right then tomorrow is going to be an ugly day. The environmental conditions are just off the charts. The good news. The models arent always right and the higher the parameter space it seems the easier it is for one missing piece to make it all fall apart. The last 6-10 high risks have mostly been busts.

Other good news, odds of getting hit by a tornado on any given day are really low.

Just be prepared.
I appreciate that. Hoping for the best.

I appreciate that. Hoping for the best.
You can break today’s threat into 6 zones and every one of them currently have a problem to overcome by late afternoon. Today is far from the slam dunk as it appeared on models yesterday but crazy parameter space still exists and more than likely somewhere will have a bad evening.

Looks like things are starting to kick off in Texas and Oklahoma. Not good.

We had a supercell in the DFW area that produced multiple tornados. It leveled a truck stop in Valley View, just west of where I am located. Reports are that 5 were killed and 60 injured in and around this area alone. The storm tracked east for roughly 75 miles or so passing through some densely populated communities- including very close to my town (10 mins. south of Celina, which also had tornados). Sirens went off at around 11:30 PM and continued through 12 AM or so.

Reports now surfacing on the damage incurred.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom