shockingly, Blandino says all is well (1 Viewer)

Yeap. NFL just legalized pushing the long snapper down by the head every field goal.

I bet if we did it against Carolina on Thursday we would get flagged!

NFL wanted the Broncos to win just so they can get ratings off AFC west drama. Sucks that we should have beaten OAK, KC and DEN!

I bet if we did it against Carolina on Thursday we would get flagged!

NFL wanted the Broncos to win just so they can get ratings off AFC west drama. Sucks that we should have beaten OAK, KC and DEN!

Good. Keep doing it until they throw the flag. Make them admit it was wrong.

So, I guess everyone should start holding the center down on field goal attempts. Seems like a smart strategy - more room for the jumper guy to clear him.

Seriously, just have a guy fall on the back of the snapper and someone can easily jump over every time.

His explanation or excuse just made me throw up in my mouth. I am tired of this crap. This is why I am loosing interest in the NFL. The rules change weekly just to satisfy an agenda. Officials are not consistent and it starts at the top!

Just throw more salt on the wound, lol!

Wow, expected nothing less from them.

Probably fixed the game, couldn't have Denver losing two in a row. Have to keep the drama up in the AFC West.

You can't use helmet to hold center down, easy call and they blew it. Saints will get an I'm sorry from NFL and move on. Sucks.

Attachments

• CxK-_KTUoAA6Gts.jpg
    CxK-_KTUoAA6Gts.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 29
So, I guess everyone should start holding the center down on field goal attempts. Seems like a smart strategy - more room for the jumper guy to clear him.

Apparently so. It's a smart move. You either get penalized and the extra point kick is just moved closer, or you get the cheating result (that HAS to be a hold) the ****bags got yesterday. Clearly something they practice.

You guys do realize that Bladino is probably the one that made the call on the play, right? Surely, with what was at stake, this was one of those calls that went to the NFL command center.

At a minimal, Bladino had a strong influence on Vinovich's decision.

Exactly.

I'd bet anything the final call to not overturn it was made by the NY office. You never hear about it, but they are actually in the ear of the officials making the final decision on replays.

Full time refs aren't going to fix this. Nothing is going to fix this because it was probably a conscious decision by the league office.

You have to wait 1 second before engaging with the center if he's the first person you hit. The 1 second rule is in place for the specific reason of allowing the snapper to get his head up before being engaged by a defensive lineman. I'm not sure why everyone focuses on leverage and defensive holding and not the most obvious.

Look at the Saints coaches watching that return. They immediately saw he was out of bounds and start screaming. They had the best view, along with the trailing official. It was a total screw job, no doubt.

Even if we convert the XP we aren't stopping them from getting in FG range with 1:20 and 1TO remaining. Time to move on to next week

I'm not one to complain much about the refs but we were robbed of a win. The instant replay didn't take nearly enough time to really evaluate it. They took a quick look and just said, can't overturn that.

Not to mention they held down the center's head. But the returner's foot was obviously out of bounds.

Denver was allowed to completely rob us of an incredible win.

This is arguably the 3rd game that ST's have played a major role in losing. I don't care what McMahon knows, 9 years is enough. It's time to go!

Attachments

• Foot1.jpg
    Foot1.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Foot2.jpg
    Foot2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 121

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom