Shooter incident at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas - 19 children and 2 adults dead (1 Viewer)

The new report provides the most thorough accounting yet of the events of May 24, 2022, when the gunman opened fire at Robb Elementary in Uvalde in one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history. The report documents "cascading failures of leadership, decision-making, tactics, policy and training" that all contributed to the failed law enforcement response that saw police officers wait more than 70 minutes in the school hallways before confronting and killing the gunman.

"The victims and survivors of the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School deserved better," Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement accompanying the report. The law enforcement response at Robb Elementary on May 24, 2022 — and the response by officials in the hours and days after — was a failure."

For nearly two years, a Texas county sheriff has refused to step down after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in 2022.

Instead, on Super Tuesday, Uvalde County sheriff Ruben Nolasco faced voters for the first time in the wake of the massacre.

And he won re-election with roughly 39 per cent of votes against three Republican challengers, according to preliminary results.

The sheriff has repeatedly rebuffed calls to resign or withdraw his candidacy for re-election despite overwhelming public pressure from victims’ families, demands that he face criminal charges, and a federal investigation that detailed a minute-by-minute timeline exposing “cascading” failures in the law enforcement response that day.……

An investigation Uvalde city leaders ordered into the Robb elementary school shooting put no blame on local police officers and defended their actions Thursday, despite acknowledging a series of rippling failures during the fumbled response to the 2022 classroom attack that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

Several family members of victims walked out in anger midway though a presentation that portrayed Uvalde police department officers of acting swiftly and appropriately, in contrast to scathing and sweeping state and federal past reports that faulted police at every level.

The investigator who presented the report blamed families who rushed to the school that day for compromising the police response, prompting an eruption of anger from several families and some stormed out.

Law enforcement took more than an hour to get inside the classroom and kill the gunman, even as children inside the classrooms called 911, begging police to rescue them.

“You said they did it in good faith. You call that good faith? They stood there 77 minutes,” said Kimberly Mata-Rubio, whose daughter was among those killed in the attack, after the presentation ended.

Another person in the crowd screamed: “Cowards!”……

An investigation Uvalde city leaders ordered into the Robb elementary school shooting put no blame on local police officers and defended their actions Thursday, despite acknowledging a series of rippling failures during the fumbled response to the 2022 classroom attack that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

Several family members of victims walked out in anger midway though a presentation that portrayed Uvalde police department officers of acting swiftly and appropriately, in contrast to scathing and sweeping state and federal past reports that faulted police at every level.

The investigator who presented the report blamed families who rushed to the school that day for compromising the police response, prompting an eruption of anger from several families and some stormed out.

Law enforcement took more than an hour to get inside the classroom and kill the gunman, even as children inside the classrooms called 911, begging police to rescue them.

“You said they did it in good faith. You call that good faith? They stood there 77 minutes,” said Kimberly Mata-Rubio, whose daughter was among those killed in the attack, after the presentation ended.

Another person in the crowd screamed: “Cowards!”……

Reading this just brings up waves of rage, thinking about the incompetence of the whole police department, as a whole is beyond incomprehensible, and to think that the police chief just got reelected speaks volumes about the mentality of that city as a whole. Thank God I don’t live anywhere near that place. Thank God I don’t own a firearm.

Reading this just brings up waves of rage, thinking about the incompetence of the whole police department, as a whole is beyond incomprehensible, and to think that the police chief just got reelected speaks volumes about the mentality of that city as a whole. Thank God I don’t live anywhere near that place. Thank God I don’t own a firearm.
It is beyond infuriating

Calling them incompetent just gives them an out. I think they knew what to do but were too cowardly to do it.

If this report comes out before the election does the sheriff still win?

I remember Shimon spending a lot of time in Uvalde right after the shooting, and if I remember right he refused other assignments to stay in the city and be with the parents

It broke him, watching his reporting at the time I remember thinking 'he's barely holding it together. He's about to break down in either tears or angry screaming or both'

Last edited:

I remember Shimon spending a lot of time in Uvalde right after the shooting, and if I remember right he refused other assignments to stay in the city and be with the parents

It broke him, watching his reporting at the time I remember thinking 'he's barely holding it together. He's about to break down in either tears or angry screaming or both'

I'm willing to beat that scumbag Abbott had something to do with this BS.....I hope he gets the karma he deserves someday....

For nearly two years, a Texas county sheriff has refused to step down after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School in 2022.

Instead, on Super Tuesday, Uvalde County sheriff Ruben Nolasco faced voters for the first time in the wake of the massacre.

And he won re-election with roughly 39 per cent of votes against three Republican challengers, according to preliminary results.

The sheriff has repeatedly rebuffed calls to resign or withdraw his candidacy for re-election despite overwhelming public pressure from victims’ families, demands that he face criminal charges, and a federal investigation that detailed a minute-by-minute timeline exposing “cascading” failures in the law enforcement response that day.……

IMG_8143.jpeg

I'm willing to beat that scumbag Abbott had something to do with this BS.....I hope he gets the karma he deserves someday....
He must have gone to the Mary Jo White school of investigation. Here’s some money to come to this conclusion. Answer no questions. Thank you. Job well done.

I respect and appreciate the job law officers do and the perils they face. But when the system overtly covers for them when egregious mistakes or abuse occurs it doesn’t help the strained relationship with the public. LEO’s are human and make mistakes. There has to be some accountability.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom