Six percent of people think they can beat a grizzly bear (2 Viewers)

My son was so sad, he cried for the goose.

I felt bad for a second... hoped it did not suffer, but I was in Colorado at the time and those things are everywhere. Noisy feathered vessels of pure hate.... and crap.

I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice. Do they channel all their hate into their geese so tgey can fly down here and spread it about?
Maybe the geese are use to Canadian putting up with their crap. Evolution has shaped this fearless, evil bird. They need a rude awakening.

I was in Alaska shooting video of a glacier calving with a drone. In order to get to this place it requires a plane to get to the small town of Cordova, a 30 mile drive down an uninhabited gravel road, then a jet boat ride for about 15 miles up a river to a single lodge. I was at the lodge with the lodge owner and his bear dog. I'm 100% focused on my drone and had been for about 15 minutes. Suddenly I hear the owner of the cabin come out and quietly whispered don't move, bear. Of course I moved to see the bear. It was a skinny black bear about 10' behind me. That bastage had no problem sneaking up on me. I looked him in the eye, he looked me in the eye and at no point did I think I could take him but I was ready to give him all the hell I could. I slowly reached into my pocket to grab my gopro because if I was about to be attacked by a bear, might as well get it on camera. Anyway, I can confirm that bears are scared of the beep from the record button on a gopro. The second the bear turned the cabin owner screamed, "big doggie'. That sweet oversized dog transformed and went absolutely insane, He shot out the lodge nearly taking the hinges off the door, went after the bear sending big wooden chairs flying without even checking that dog up. It was at that moment that I lost any idea that I could take a big dog.

I'll still destroy a goose though and wouldn't even stop smiling while doing it. Screw those things.

Yellowjackets have their nest underground. I was pounded once when mowing my grandma's yard, it wasn't fun.

Red wasps have a powerful sting. I found out the hard way. I was getting rid of junk around my home. One of the items
was an old bbq grill we no longer used. Red wasps used it to make a nest. Their sting hit me hard. Their sting is greater
than a yellow jacket. Trust me. Their visible nest they are cool. Just don't attack it .
I've been stung so many times that I can tell what I was stung by without even looking, so as a person seemingly used over the years by those pesky dive bombers as target practice, I can say with confidence that the ones that hurt the worst are actually Paper Wasps. The name sounds innocent enough, but nay, nay! Their stings burn like hell, and the pain lingers for hours.

The least painful are black wasps, which rarely sting, unless your name is Andrus Whitewing, If it is, then you aren't safe from any wasp.

Yellowjackets have their nest underground. I was pounded once when mowing my grandma's yard, it wasn't fun.

Red wasps have a powerful sting. I found out the hard way. I was getting rid of junk around my home. One of the items
was an old bbq grill we no longer used. Red wasps used it to make a nest. Their sting hit me hard. Their sting is greater
than a yellow jacket. Trust me. Their visible nest they are cool. Just don't attack it .
You sure?

I once met Will Kennedy at a convenient store in Katy, Tx. He was pretty chill and hooked me up with a couple of bass drum pedals.

No sign of Blackie Lawless though…

You sure?

I once met Will Kennedy at a convenient store in Katy, Tx. He was pretty chill and hooked me up with a couple of bass drum pedals.

No sign of Blackie Lawless though…
yeah I'm sure. Yellow jackets were no fun. The sting from red wasp was the tail of Satan. I never want to experience
it again.

I envision this is a cage match like Thunderdome. So we are toast without weapons. Our big brains only become delicacies to larger animals. We are slow, weak and have no outer protective exoskeleton or shell. With our soft bodies and exposed critical areas (stomach, face) we just don’t have a chance against speed/power mixed with claws and sharp pointed teeth.

Anything that is a predator bigger than a house cat and humans are done unless they know how to fight like Kimbo Slice or have a knife.

Hand to hand we have no chance even against large dogs 1 on 1. Now give us even gladiator weapons and the we got a chance against any of them. Not a great chance but without them we are in the goose and house cat level of threat
We have ZERO defense mechanisms. It's ridiculous.

Porcupines, skunks, camouflaging lizards, puffer fish, clawed cats, winged animals, things that crawl up trees real fast, powerful bites, powerful swats, fast runners, hoppers, turtles and armadillos with them hard arse shells.

Animals have all kinds of characteristics that can protect them to some extent.

We don't have jack SHEET!

Wouldn't the ability to fade into the wall come in handy if you happen upon some robbers (or that old guy at work who greets you with, "Well, well, well, how you doing little lady?")

I wanna fly like a bird and jump off stuff like a cat. I really do.

We have ZERO defense mechanisms. It's ridiculous.

Porcupines, skunks, camouflaging lizards, puffer fish, clawed cats, winged animals, things that crawl up trees real fast, powerful bites, powerful swats, fast runners, hoppers, turtles and armadillos with them hard arse shells.

Animals have all kinds of characteristics that can protect them to some extent.

We don't have jack SHEET!

Wouldn't the ability to fade into the wall come in handy if you happen upon some robbers (or that old guy at work who greets you with, "Well, well, well, how you doing little lady?")

I wanna fly like a bird and jump off stuff like a cat. I really do.
We picked stamina and thumbs
Thumbs helped us harness fire which helped us cook meat which gave us the iron for brain growth
It was a solid strategy at the time

Thumbs helped us harness fire which helped us cook meat which gave us the iron for brain growth
You know what trips me out? No other creature NEEDS fire except for us.

A dog can happily lap water out the toilet and live a perfectly healthy life.

Don't get me started.

I marvel at how inept and inadequate we are compared to animals on an almost daily basis.

(Not that I WANT to drink from the commode lol. Just sayin)

Great apes also have opposible thumbs We aren't going to beat either in a fight .

You know what trips me out? No other creature NEEDS fire except for us.

A dog can happily lap water out the toilet and live a perfectly healthy life.

Don't get me started.

I marvel at how inept and inadequate we are compared to animals on an almost daily basis.

(Not that I WANT to drink from the commode lol. Just sayin)
Dogs lack the critical ability to start threads on the EE
Until that time…

Oh In open environment, history does a pretty good job of showing what was the most important evolutionary attributes; opposable thumbs and developed frontal lobes

Forget being apex of it, we have successfully removed ourselves from the natural food chain and created our own.

But in 1 on 1 combat, while we are plotting our attack with our big brains the wolf just runs and lunges ant your throat and you are dead.

Oh In open environment, history does a pretty good job of showing what was the most important evolutionary attributes; opposable thumbs and developed frontal lobes

Forget being apex of it, we have successfully removed ourselves from the natural food chain and created our own.

But in 1 on 1 combat, while we are plotting our attack with our big brains the wolf just runs and lunges ant your throat and you are dead.
Which, metaphorically at least, also puts the lie to our rugged individualist/lone wolf mythology
As a pack we’re the strongest thing on the planet; individually we’re lunch

Which, metaphorically at least, also puts the lie to our rugged individualist/lone wolf mythology
As a pack we’re the strongest thing on the planet; individually we’re lunch
I’m ok with being an individually wrapped lunch as long as I’m healthy and delicious. I have a reputation to uphold, dammit. :mad:

Absolutely correct! We don't need 4 legs for running, big teeth for tearing flesh, abnormally strong muscles per pound...We have the superior intellect, that gives us the ability to build, create, innovate, and think that we can beat up a grizzly bear with our bare hands.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom