Sno Balls......Favorite??? Favorite Flavor?? (3 Viewers)

I heard someone tell me Bubby's was more of a chipped crunchy ice, than an actual snowball, but that was right after they opened a few years ago.

We usually just go to Sunnys on Williams & W. Esplanade. Still < $2 for a large, and pretty good.

That is false, it's regular sno - wizard ice.

Sunnys is good but I like Bubbies flavors better.

No offense to anyone else's taste, but I don't snoball that just tastes like sugar water.

Yeah, I have to agree. People who put ice cream in the middle of their snowballs boggle my mind (as do people who order flavors like ice cream, wedding cake, and nectar - don't even get me started on when they order two or three of those flavors together on the same snoball!). I do occasionally like condensed milk on top of a milder or tartish flavor though (although I would never put it on something as tart as orangeade).

Ice cream is a legit snoball flavor. It is basically vanilla and the bright yellow color is certainly fun.

I truly miss Sno-balls/snow cones (in northeast Louisiana). I crave them when the temp is 110 out here. Occasionally I can find a "Hawaiian Shaved Ice" stand at a service station. That's the closest to the delicacy I can find out here. :(

Jan

I personally couldn't care less what two adults or even a 16 year old orders at a snoball stand.
It's not my business to judge what their situation in life is or to impose my opinion on them.

Personally, my favorite place is hansens or plum street.
I like ice cream flavor, chocolate or coffee( if made with real coffee)

Yeah, I have to agree. People who put ice cream in the middle of their snowballs boggle my mind (as do people who order flavors like ice cream, wedding cake, and nectar - don't even get me started on when they order two or three of those flavors together on the same snoball!). I do occasionally like condensed milk on top of a milder or tartish flavor though (although I would never put it on something as tart as orangeade).

My go to snowball used to be 1/2 speriment 1/2 bubblegum :no:

These days I like making an almond joy (chocolate w/ splash of almond/coconut)

I personally couldn't care less what two adults or even a 16 year old orders at a snoball stand.
It's not my business to judge what their situation in life is or to impose my opinion on them.

Personally, my favorite place is hansens or plum street.
I like ice cream flavor, chocolate or coffee( if made with real coffee)

58952450.jpg

Wedding Cake with ice cream on it is my favorite...

I love sugar...

Ro-bears in Harahan. Sour grape

Hey queens and Kangz, Since arriving in New Orleans:

✅Plum Street Snoball - fuzzy nav
✅ Sal’s Sno-balls - stuffed joker
❌ Hansen's Sno-Bliz
❌ Stop Jockin Snoballs
❌Pandora’s Snowballs
❌ Lou Lou's Snoballs

What am I missing?
Ike's on City Park isn't bad, and you can get a link of boudin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom