Breaking! Spencer Rattler named starting QB ; Jay Glazer reports Rattler expected to start next 3-4 games (month) until Carr’s return (15 Viewers)

Why would he announce this now and not wait until the last possible minute?

It’ll come out regardless. With this being a new starting QB, whoever gets chosen would be getting all the first team reps, and the decision would be obvious. Pointless to play that game in this type of situation.

Give the kid the confidence boost now and tell him “You’re our guy, lead us.”

Glad they aren't messing around with it and just naming a QB. I don't know, but I really really hope we have something in this guy. Other teams catch breaks like that, why not us?

The general belief among people much smarter and more informed than any of us is that Rattler fell primarily due to the sheer volume of talented QBs in this draft. He had some character concerns going into the draft that would have been overlooked most years, but with a class this strong all the QB needy teams got their guys in the first round. There wasn't another QB taken after the first round until... Spencer Rattler.

Why would he announce this now and not wait until the last possible minute?

Because there is zero film worth watching on him because unlike the last two preseasons, this preseason the Saints offense was actually nothing like the real offense Kubiak wants to call.

No oline, no running game, gonna be tough. But exciting nonetheless
So my question is, will the Saints have success running a rookie QB out there like other teams have success against them when they run against them? In the past rookies always have the Saints number cause there’s no film on them. Could be a good plan after all

Last edited:
I think its rational to have concerns about starting a rookie QB with a less than stellar supporting cast (due to injuries)…..But, I also think he gives us the best chance to win, I like this decision…..

I think its rational to have concerns about starting a rookie QB with a less than stellar supporting cast (due to injuries)…..But, I also think he gives us the best chance to win, I like this decision…..

Rattler has some wheels. He can kill teams with his legs, something Carr and Haener can't do. Flush Rattler out of the pocket and if a defense isn't careful, he's going to run for a looong time.

Rattler has some wheels. He can kill teams with his legs, something Carr and Haener can't do. Flush Rattler out of the pocket and if a defense isn't careful, he's going to run for a looong time.

Or spin back and throw it 60... this is what we have been missing.... more time to throw... Spencer can make that time.

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom