Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (1 Viewer)

Madhattr

My Woman
Reaction score
You have been warned this is a spoiler thread. If you come in here you better not complain about spoilers.

OMG.. when Thanos transformed into Elton John and sang the Circle of Life. Oh snap.

I don’t think i will ever get over the death of Optimus Prime :mad:

I think the most shocking scene was when Thanos ripped Thors head and spine out and held it up in the air (though it was a nice allusion to Predator). Everybody gasped, and you could hear a few little kids crying. And yeah, then the whole Elton John thing happened, which was a nice way to break up the tension.

Cameo appearances by Laverne and Shirley tugged at my heartstrings.

Five minutes in, Hulk gets his *** whipped, Loki has his neck snapped and then his corpse tossed in front of Thor...

That's when I knew.

I did appreciate the fact that Tobias Funke exists in the MCU now.

Attachments

• DPl-M3XXkAAv4hL.jpg
    DPl-M3XXkAAv4hL.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 28
The dance off between Star Lord and Thanos was EPIC!!! Who knew that Thanos could twerk?

I don’t mind spoilers and hope to read your favorite parts and thoughts.

My daughter moved out of state so I haven’t gone to the movies since but this film might be the exception.

The lameness in this thread is at extreme levels. Needs a good cleaning. Seriously.

Even though Thanos' villain motives are back to the cartoony levels you're used to seeing in these type movies (after what we saw in BP), they did try their best to humanize him in those 2 and 1/2 hours.

Yep
Five minutes in, Hulk gets his *** whipped, Loki has his neck snapped and then his corpse tossed in front of Thor...

That's when I knew.

I sent this as a PM to a few people a couple days ago...

First off, Thanos was great. Starts off as a no nonsense killer. Wipes the floor with Hulk (who I'm guessing won't come out because he's scared), Loki and Thor. When the Marvel image came up and it was quite and ominous sounding, I just knew bad stuff was going to happen. So, is all of Asguard dead??

The key to Thanos was three items. 1. Make him powerful, determined and frightening. Check. 2. Give him some emotional weight. Check (with the connection to Gamora, he really cared for her.. wow). And, to me, the real departure from the villains before 3. Give him a lot of screen time. There is a point where you could argue this movie is actually about Thanos. They gave him so much screen time (yet not dominating it), that they really gave him a full arc and lots of great moments. I see the Joker comparison. Mostly because the Joker gets screen time (minus the Suicide Squad nonsense).

I like how the soul stone had nothing to do with what we thought. And I'm glad it turned out that way. A price had to be paid. wow. Liked Red Skull there too. I wonder if that's the extent of the cameo or not. Liked the nod to "death" (Red Skull) too.

I think all the mash ups of different teams actually worked pretty well. Starlord may have been a bit too *******-y.

Dr. Strange clearly saw the only way they won, and it wasn't by getting the Guantlet, I think... he gave up the time stone way too easily, then said "it was the only way". For some reason, Tony living is the key.

And of course, we'll see what Captain Marvel has to do with this, since clearly she was Fury's ace in the hole.

I like the little bit where Hulk won't come up. Again, I think he's scared, but was really fighting in the Hulk Buster (nice CGI misdirection Marvel). And something about Peter Dinklage being a giant dwarf was funny and good. Nice acting there.

Last by not least. As the movie was going, I was like, oh.. maybe they will just kill off a few side characters, but no one major. Oh, maybe Vision.. Oh, now maybe Cap, Iron Man, etc.. Then, when they started turning to ash at the end, one by one...

I was like.. Ok, I can live with that, I can live with that, ok, that sucks.. then Groot... then Spiderman..... and he freaked out, I almost lost it. I won't lie. I didn't cry, but I thought I was going to.

However, I think by them removing T'Challa, I know it won't stick. There is no way Black Panther is dead for the rest of the MCU. None.

I'm shocked both Iron Man and Captain America survived. Not shocked Thor did. Oh, love the axe! Rocket Raccoon...

Basically, it looks like all the ones who have suffered pain, but can dig down deep and over come are the ones who survived for the most part.

Wow. I can see why some wouldn't like the ending. It's a major downer. And I told the guy next to me that if I were the director, I wouldn't have an after credits scene. No way I'm tipping my hand as to what's next, because I think leaving stunned is the right way to do it.

Of course, the end credits they play didn't change that much, other than a sliver of hope due to Captain Marvel.

Russo Brothers..you nailed it!

I wonder how far ahead they had all of this mapped out? For example, the Red Skull bit. When he disappeared at the end of the first Captain America, did they already know what they were going to do with him? If so, that is mighty impressive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom