Star Wars Stand Alone Films (1 Viewer)

I would love to see what Feige can do with the Star Wars franchise post-Skywalker. Whether it's a sequel, prequel or stand alone film makes no difference to me. Something surrounding the story of Vader would be interesting to me. If they do a prequel series, even a reboot of the SW 1-3 trilogy would be fine. I don't hate them, but a new canon based on a second crack at the 1-3 films might get a lot of attention for people who didn't like them.

That said, Revenge of the Sith will be tough because we already have Anikan turned apprentice turned Vader. That would be a hurdle.

Just throwing it out there. The idea of Feige running SW seems like a no brainer to me, but, he's got his hands full with Marvel, so I'm not so sure splitting his time between two franchises would work.

How would you feel about a Star Wars: the next generation style time jump decades or centuries in the future with maybe a decrepit C3PO and Artoo as the only link to the past?

Prequel remakes won't happen. As much as older people have (totally warranted) issues with those movies, the people who were kids when they came out have a massive nostalgic attachment to them. In fact, one of the miscalculations Lucasfilm post-Disney seems to have made early on was trying to distance the current stuff from the prequels, which alienated a bunch of fans now in their 20's who grew up watching the prequels or Clone Wars or reading books/comics set in that time period, etc. They've kind woken up to that and are beginning to incorporate more prequel stuff in the books and comics, bringing Ewan McGregor back for the Obi-Wan series, etc.

I mean, when Hayden Christensen did his first Star Wars Celebration after years of avoiding the con circuit and Star Wars in general, the reaction he got was like that of a rock star. There is an entire generation of people that are really into the prequels. Hell, for them it *is* Star Wars, hard is that is to believe.

Prequel remakes won't happen. As much as older people have (totally warranted) issues with those movies, the people who were kids when they came out have a massive nostalgic attachment to them. In fact, one of the miscalculations Lucasfilm post-Disney seems to have made early on was trying to distance the current stuff from the prequels, which alienated a bunch of fans now in their 20's who grew up watching the prequels or Clone Wars or reading books/comics set in that time period, etc. They've kind woken up to that and are beginning to incorporate more prequel stuff in the books and comics, bringing Ewan McGregor back for the Obi-Wan series, etc.

I mean, when Hayden Christensen did his first Star Wars Celebration after years of avoiding the con circuit and Star Wars in general, the reaction he got was like that of a rock star. There is an entire generation of people that are really into the prequels. Hell, for them it *is* Star Wars, hard is that is to believe.

That's a fair point. Good stuff.

I was just thinking earlier today, how amazing a troll it'd be to leak news of a Jar Jar movie.

jar jar is a sith lord.... my favorite stand alone to date is rogue one. dark and gritty and noone gets out alive.

True story. I worked with a younger guy who also loves Star Wars. The first movie he saw in the theater was Revenge of the Sith. He'd seen some of the other Star Wars movies when he was like 5 or 6 and knew about Darth Vader, Luke, Yoda and so on, but he didn't pay close attention. So he was blown away when Anakin became Darth Vader. Same impact I had when I saw "I am your father".

As you said, he really looks fondly on the prequels.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom