Star Wars Stand Alone Films (1 Viewer)

The leaks for Ep 9 indicate JJ is doing his best to appease the original SW fans, but he has to make a castle out of poo, so good luck with that!

JJ helped supply some of the poo so he's kind of earned being in this spot. I'm not sure the Star Wars team ever really established a tight arc or structured world building. It's like they gave both directors a bag full of tropes and said, "Go make something Star Warsy. It'll have three acts so try not to muck things up (even though we don't have a reasonable roadmap)".

Last edited:
I loved TLJ. I think it's the second best film in the franchise (after Empire) and it probably pays the most attention to the events and thing said in previous films than any other SW film. I don't think the franchise has been mishandled as much as the supposed fans believe that they are the guardians of this franchise and don't like what they don't expect to see.

Getting rid of the expanded universe ruined star wars. My childhood is over. Disney broke me.

TLJ was terrible. This whole narriative that people are trying to push that fans didn't like it because it was unexpected is bullshirt. It was just awful and not because it wasn't what was expected, but because it was dumb and failed within itself. It didn't even hold up to the own story it was trying to tell much less connect to the overall story. It's really really bad, sorry.

I won't turn this into a fighting thing. I'll just point out that the people whose job it is to know and understand filmmaking rate the film quite highly.

The force awakens is beyond stupid. It’s a reboot disguised as a sequel.

The last Jedi is comically horrible.

3eJLtkqqSyioRgz0xzGP_nafV1sAPS2IEeqrMfVFz_ezgif-4-44e17f1760.gif

with their already established existence of smugglers, bounty hunters and gangsters I think that Quentin Tarantino is better suited to making a Star Wars movie than a Star Trek one.

Kevin Feige turned B-list Marvel superheroes into Hollywood legends, so imagine what he can do with a lightsaber.

Feige, the president of Marvel Studios, will develop a new Star Wars movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter. As the Skywalker family saga ends this December with the release of “Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker,” Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy is looking to usher in the next phase in Disney’s faraway universe..........

Very excited about this and what he's planning to do. The post Skywalker Saga Star Wars slate has me intrigued.

I still want my young Vader movie

I’d also love to see a live action Thrawn film

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom