Steelers game plan...stop Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

you dont stop a reggie bush, they best bet is to try and contain him, he is best player on our talented sqaud, and he is only 8 games into it baby!!!!!!

He's been stopped and contained 4 times this season already. Please don't spout off 12 years' running sportscenter hyperbole. It doesn't fly well around here.

The Ravens, Buccaneers, and Steelers, 3 historically great defensive teams, have all agreed that Reggie Bush is a linchpin that must be accounted for in 3 consecutive games, even though Bush's production has slipped.

This is corroborated by the, thus far, unanimous Coach of the Year Sean Payton.

You know what, i'm just going to leave it at that and not even go any further. Draw your own conclusions.

Exactly! So Reggie is not unstoppable, fine. If the D Gameplans to stop him they will, fine. It seems every D is gameplanning to stop him, doing it, and we are still winning, FINE.

Reggie is not doing as good as we thought... BUT, to be fair, he is getting gameplanned against every game. We gameplanned against Vick in the Dome and he didn't look so great either. Reggie is not doing as good as he should, but not as bad as it looks either.

2.6 YPC 0 TDs from scrimmage

I just. Don't. Get it.

The reason he has those numbers is because teams #1 priority is to STOP REGGIE BUSH. Meanwhile... you got Deuce gashing you for 4+ yards per... you got Joe running 15 yd dig routes... you got Colston cutting your secondary up... you got Devery stretching the field... let the kid do what he does... and everybody will get theirs.

At this point, I wonder how our offense would look if it did have to adjust to teams playing to take away the passing game. I'm curious to see if those running lanes would open up suddenly or if we'd still be inconsistant running it.

They can keep gameplanning us that way and I will be fine with it because we are still winning. Teams have to pick thier poison and right now they don't want to get burned by Bush and so they pay. They pay with Colston lighting them up, they pay with Deuce lighting them up, they pay with Drew lighting them up. When they switch to stopping Marques, Reggie will make them pay. People can say Reggie has been uproductive but when defenses are gameplanning for you like this, you are not being unproductive.

Reggie is 3rd in receptions in the NFC with 46...

Maybe stopping reggie mean keeping him from being a passing threat as well.

1) He's just a rookie

2) He's the reason everyone else is doing good

3) Nevermind that we had a pretty good O the past few years.

4) _____________

5) (Still reserved. One day, young knave.)

6)

7) Profit.

It's just not right without a picture!!!!
Underpants_Gnomes_South_Park.JPG

LMAO. :smilielol: It's like the mafia is making them say it, or something.

Or maybe misinformation.

Meaning: Maybe they try and take away or stop someone else(Colston) for us on offense and make the Saints beat them WITH Reggie.

I am waiting for the 1st team to make this mistake.

Just a thought.

Or maybe misinformation.

Meaning: Maybe they try and take away or stop someone else(Colston) for us on offense and make the Saints beat them WITH Reggie.

I am waiting for the 1st team to make this mistake.

Just a thought.

Just go back and watch the first few games from this season, where Bush was an automatic 1st down on swing passes. The first three downs were like practice swings or something and on 3rd-and-whatever, the little dump off to Bush would give the offense a fresh set of downs. It was almost silly. That guy in the backfield was an almost guaranteed 1st down. Am I just remembering the games wrong?

Maybe the fact that we're the 6th-highest scoring team in the NFL means that no, they just might not know what they're doing. If stopping Reggie Bush meant keeping us to 10 points a game

Maybe they are really worried that not stopping Reggie will make us the highest scoring team rather than the 6th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom