Stevie Ray Vaughan is the G.O.A.T. Change my mind (3 Viewers)

Sorry not moved by many noodling for the sake of noodling bullshirt guitarist like that clown from the Dixie dregs or the dregs or what ever they go by now.

Kansas and deep purple fill in guy.

I don't know timing, tone, and feeling are things that he seriously lacks.

Some of the most technically skilled players lack soul. Steve Vai is another example bores me to tears. Unless someone else writes what he plays it is boring as fork. Showing your arse noodling is boring.

In fact Vai won three Grammys two for playing Frank's songs.

The post above illustrates how much you think you know about guitar and how little you really know...it is your right to not like a guitar player but its really unnecessary to be a jerk about it...

I always liked Vai. Maybe not one of the top echelon guitarists, but he's a very talented guitarist by all accounts imo.

The post above illustrates how much you think you know about guitar and how little you really know...it is your right to not like a guitar player but its really unnecessary to be a jerk about it...

No the above post says exactly what it does.

Noodling is what they do. What ever you want to call it. I know Jazz rock or fusion or what ever.

You can take all the great song writers in the world and you will never find noodling just for the sake of it.

I am glad you enjoy that stuff.

You can be fast and not boring.

Heck dick Dale was unfucking real fast yet not boring in the least.

Hey how come nobody said Dick Dale?

Now that guy could play.

No the above post says exactly what it does.

Noodling is what they do. What ever you want to call it. I know Jazz rock or fusion or what ever.

You can take all the great song writers in the world and you will never find noodling just for the sake of it.

I am glad you enjoy that stuff.

You can be fast and not boring.

Heck dick Dale was unfucking real fast yet not boring in the least.

Hey how come nobody said Dick Dale?

Now that guy could play.

You have a right to your misguided opinion...but calling one of the best guitarists on the planet a clown? I think less of you...noodling? LMAO

I'm not crazy about Via or Satriani, or worse yet Malmsteen...they can play really fast, technical stuff but none of them are dynamic, they can't play different styles of music like Morse. When you go to a Dregs show or a Morse solo show there are a ton of guitar players/musicians at those shows....players know who the players are....

Dick Dale was awesome, loved his style and genre, he was a true original....another guy not mentioned (and a local MD guy) is Danny Gatton, he was a monster who tragically committed suicide years ago....my friend's band opened for him years ago, the guy was a true teacher, he said the half hour he spend with him backstage jamming he learned about 5 years worth of guitar technique.....

You have a right to your misguided opinion...but calling one of the best guitarists on the planet a clown? I think less of you...noodling? LMAO

I'm not crazy about Via or Satriani, or worse yet Malmsteen...they can play really fast, technical stuff but none of them are dynamic, they can't play different styles of music like Morse. When you go to a Dregs show or a Morse solo show there are a ton of guitar players/musicians at those shows....players know who the players are....

Dick Dale was awesome, loved his style and genre, he was a true original....another guy not mentioned (and a local MD guy) is Danny Gatton, he was a monster who tragically committed suicide years ago....my friend's band opened for him years ago, the guy was a true teacher, he said the half hour he spend with him backstage jamming he learned about 5 years worth of guitar technique.....

Yeah right?

Love it, please post more....

This song got me interested in bluegrass. I ignorantly lumped all country music in the same narrow bucket....now? Love Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Flatt and Scruggs, Bill Monroe, Ricky Scaggs, Nitty Gritty Dirt band, Bela Fleck and many others.....

I haven’t weighed in on this thread yet, since i’m not real well versed in Stevie Ray Vaughn’s GOATness or lack thereof.. but i do remember exactly where i was when i heard that he’d died, i was in high school and was doing my after-school chores, sweeping our front porch, when the news came on the radio.

Also, i go running almost every day past the statue of SRV in Austin.. decided to take a pic of it this morning.. i’m sure i looked like a tourist, standing there with my phone.

01AAD727-FFF7-4AFB-9043-620D747DED43.jpeg

Love it, please post more....

This song got me interested in bluegrass. I ignorantly lumped all country music in the same narrow bucket....now? Love Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Flatt and Scruggs, Bill Monroe, Ricky Scaggs, Nitty Gritty Dirt band, Bela Fleck and many others.....

I guess that is great news for you. I am more than sure Dixie dregs stuff sells real cheap on the second hand market of you can find it because they did not sell much in the first place.

I have some different Malmsteen stuff dl'd just cause it's fun to listen to him do classical or Gimme Gimme Gimme. I mean, if you enjoy it, why not?

I guess that is great news for you. I am more than sure Dixie dregs stuff sells real cheap on the second hand market of you can find it because they did not sell much in the first place.

tenor.gif

I haven’t weighed in on this thread yet, since i’m not real well versed in Stevie Ray Vaughn’s GOATness or lack thereof.. but i do remember exactly where i was when i heard that he’d died, i was in high school and was doing my after-school chores, sweeping our front porch, when the news came on the radio.

Also, i go running almost every day past the statue of SRV in Austin.. decided to take a pic of it this morning.. i’m sure i looked like a tourist, standing there with my phone.

01AAD727-FFF7-4AFB-9043-620D747DED43.jpeg
Thank you!

Didn't know you were in Austin and I've never been in Austin myself. But I have a question, What's with that "Jenga" building in the background?

Thank you!

Didn't know you were in Austin and I've never been in Austin myself. But I have a question, What's with that "Jenga" building in the background?

I’m a recent transplant to Austin.. not sure what’s up with the Jenga Tower, just that they call it the Jenga Tower.. i think it’s a mix of businesses and condos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom