Stevie Ray Vaughan is the G.O.A.T. Change my mind (5 Viewers)

I have some different Malmsteen stuff dl'd just cause it's fun to listen to him do classical or Gimme Gimme Gimme. I mean, if you enjoy it, why not?
Of course that’s what music is all about...I have friends who are big fans...just not my thing

I guess that is great news for you. I am more than sure Dixie dregs stuff sells real cheap on the second hand market of you can find it because they did not sell much in the first place.
Yeah because strictly record sales are the best measure of a musician/band....what an idiotic thing to say.....

Too loud? Are you speaking gibberish?

I'm not talking about volume but recording techniques and tone.

Here's a song from Satriani's Crystal Planet album released in 1998, I believe. It's my favorite album from him.

Released at the same general time was Liquid Tension Experiment, which I also enjoyed.

Notice the compression and saturation of the recording. It's just huge. It's fun for a subwoofer demonstration during my junior year of high school. But it's not something I can listen to for very long nowadays, especially with some age induced hearing loss. My ears just get fatigued very quickly listening to this style of recording.

Oh, you guys should check out Daniele Gottardo if you haven't. I bought his album one day when Steve Vai posted about his personal best up and coming guitarists.

Love it, please post more....

This song got me interested in bluegrass. I ignorantly lumped all country music in the same narrow bucket....now? Love Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Flatt and Scruggs, Bill Monroe, Ricky Scaggs, Nitty Gritty Dirt band, Bela Fleck and many others.....

I started appreciating different genres in my mid 20's. A good friend of mine asked me to listen to country and bluegrass with an open
mind. The following is one of my favorite videos I listen to time from time. Imo, Lester Flatt was to the banjo what Hendrix was to the
electric guitar. There is a lot of genius here.

Somehow this band required a man with a white beard in a Hibiscus shirt. Thank you Leon Russell.

I started appreciating different genres in my mid 20's. A good friend of mine asked me to listen to country and bluegrass with an open
mind. The following is one of my favorite videos I listen to time from time. Imo, Lester Flatt was to the banjo what Hendrix was to the
electric guitar. There is a lot of genius here.

Somehow this band required a man with a white beard in a Hibiscus shirt. Thank you Leon Russell.

That is an awesome version of the song. Not sure anyone mentioned Albert Lee (who is in this) but that guy is incredible as well...

I love SRV, he's a true legend and was the GOAT in his day. I personally think his ghost, KWS, is the better player now.

M&M,

Best at what exactly? You know I get hooked on the music discussion.
Did I ever answer this? I mean my own personal g.o.a.t. of course.

It hit me the other day why I don't really get off on going to concerts anymore like a lot of my friends are doing. like going to the Eagles 10th Final Concert Together Ever tour ... or whatever. Or seeing Elton or Stevie or the Stones or whoever. It's cos, though trite to say, this really was the day my music died. Every time I had a chance while he was still alive and appearing near me, I'd go see SRV .. and if he was alive, I'd be doing the same. Can't think of a single other person I'd imagine saying this about (except for Freddie Mercury but, heck, that's the damn planet that could say that).

Not even going to try.
agreed. I was lucky enough to see him a number of times and meet him on occasion in Austin back in the day. Besides being the goat, he also is the one person whose thumbs Sean Payton appreciate more than Drew's.

He was a tiny guy with hands that would wrap around mine in a handshake. I swear he could fret a high e with his thumb if he'd wanted to. Probably did, but man was he a drinking, drunken guy.

agreed. I was lucky enough to see him a number of times and meet him on occasion in Austin back in the day. Besides being the goat, he also is the one person whose thumbs Sean Payton appreciate more than Drew's.

He was a tiny guy with hands that would wrap around mine in a handshake. I swear he could fret a high e with his thumb if he'd wanted to. Probably did, but man was he a drinking, drunken guy.
Stevie was sober the last 4 years of his life. I remember reading an article while he was still alive. He was mixing
cocaine in his whiskey.

And yet, that's not what killed him. We'll never know but had the crash not happened, I think I'd still be going to his concerts.

And yet, that's not what killed him. We'll never know but had the crash not happened, I think I'd still be going to his concerts.
Me too,sadly I never got a chance to see him live. I did see Freddie Mercury live,and I always say it was the best
concert I ever attended. Billy Squire was the opening act. He was very good as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom