Stevie Ray Vaughan is the G.O.A.T. Change my mind (1 Viewer)

Listening to this right now is all I can do ....

You made me start searching SRV videos on YouTube and I ran into something that I thought was cool. Three of my favorite guitarists on one stage...

I love SRV, he's a true legend and was the GOAT in his day. I personally think his ghost, KWS, is the better player now.

You can't be serious....KWS is not even in the same ballpark....there are very few players that you can say the music "flowed" through them...SRV, Jimi, and Derek Trucks/Duane....KWS is not even close to making my list, but you certainly have a right to your opinion....
And yet, that's not what killed him. We'll never know but had the crash not happened, I think I'd still be going to his concerts.

I think he would have inspired a whole lot of new guitar players also....huge loss....RIP

You can't be serious....KWS is not even in the same ballpark....there are very few players that you can say the music "flowed" through them...SRV, Jimi, and Derek Trucks/Duane....KWS is not even close to making my list, but you certainly have a right to your opinion....

I think he would have inspired a whole lot of new guitar players also....huge loss....RIP
I would say the music flowed through BB King and Albert King as well

Yah I’m serious. I think KWS has taken SRV’s techniques and a evolved the style. I think music flows through KWS; have you watched him live?? I may be have a different perspective since I was a jazz guitarist music major once upon a time. I think KWS is a prodigy and fell people have always attacked him because of how closely his style is influenced by SRV. Hard to blame him for wanting to emulate the greatest blues guitarist of his era.

Did I ever answer this? I mean my own personal g.o.a.t. of course.

It hit me the other day why I don't really get off on going to concerts anymore like a lot of my friends are doing. like going to the Eagles 10th Final Concert Together Ever tour ... or whatever. Or seeing Elton or Stevie or the Stones or whoever. It's cos, though trite to say, this really was the day my music died. Every time I had a chance while he was still alive and appearing near me, I'd go see SRV .. and if he was alive, I'd be doing the same. Can't think of a single other person I'd imagine saying this about (except for Freddie Mercury but, heck, that's the damn planet that could say that).

It doesn't really matter, if you answer it or not, it's a music thread, no damage done for not answering questions. lol

Wasn't really a fan of SRV, so it's news to me that he died. Sorry that he died. You haven't found any other musicians that you want to see?

Nirvana's music is tops in my book, but everyone has their favorites. I like listening to the rare stuff on YouTube, every once in a blue moon, I will hear a song, that I haven't heard before.

Just found this one a few days back. A Clash cover by Nirvana.

Albert King was SRV's greatest influences. SRV always said that the day he got to play with King on stage was the greatest day of his life.

One of my favorite videos. Greatness k
Albert King was SRV's greatest influences. SRV always said that the day he got to play with King on stage was the greatest day of his life.
One of my favorite videos. Greatness knows greatness

Yah I’m serious. I think KWS has taken SRV’s techniques and a evolved the style. I think music flows through KWS; have you watched him live?? I may be have a different perspective since I was a jazz guitarist music major once upon a time. I think KWS is a prodigy and fell people have always attacked him because of how closely his style is influenced by SRV. Hard to blame him for wanting to emulate the greatest blues guitarist of his era.

That's why I said you have a right to your opinion. Different music hits different folks....differently....there is nothing wrong with being influenced by any great player....I just don't find KWS's style as moving as SRV's or Jimi's or Derek/Duane's....I think the vast majority of guitar players would agree but it's not a contest.....

Another guy that I think is a SRV wannabe (but will never be) is Joe Banamasso....I know the guy is a very talented technical player but his playing just doesn't do it for me....it's like I've heard it before and the before was better....but then I have friends who are good musicians themselves that love the guy....his guitar mentor though was absolutely crazy good, can anyone name him? (Other than MD folks)?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom