Suspended DE Merriman to spend time off helping to rebuild N.O. (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
terrell owens, kellen winslow, meshawn johnson, ray lewis, etc.....if it were any of these guys, ya'll would not be saying "classy move"...you would see it for what it is and it is a sham to better his image.....yes he is helping, and that's just great, but his heart is probably not in it....his agent put him up to it

None of the above players did anything positive to help others while suspended, as a matter of fact have any of the players suspended for various reasons this season done anything positive during their suspension ?

Kudos to him for using this time to help.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We could have had Troy but Haslett thought it would be wise to trade 2 first rounders for Sullivan. The Steelers picked him right after where our picks would have been. Keep in mind this was right after Haslett thought it would be a good idea to get rid of Sammy Knight.

Actually he got picked at #16 by the Steelers that year and we had picks 17-18. So, we still could have gotten him, but we would have had to trade up!

Last edited:

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
look, i am not knocking the dude for helping....i am merely questioning his motives....did he help in the off season down here?? not that i know of....his timing is what i have issue with....i appreciate the dudes help, but as pointed out, there are thousands of broke college kids doing the same thing...take it for what it's worth....i see it as him trying to erase the cheating blemish from his profile and nothing more

antipop

utterly bonkers
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
well i guess it's ok to do steroids...as long as you do something good for the community when you get caught

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines