Suspended DE Merriman to spend time off helping to rebuild N.O. (2 Viewers)

terrell owens, kellen winslow, meshawn johnson, ray lewis, etc.....if it were any of these guys, ya'll would not be saying "classy move"...you would see it for what it is and it is a sham to better his image.....yes he is helping, and that's just great, but his heart is probably not in it....his agent put him up to it

Aside from all of the other substance comments (which are funny by the way). Whether he was forced or "nudged" to do this, the fact is that he is doing it. The last thing I would think we should be doing is making fun of someone trying to help rebuild our community. There are enough people out there that stand by idly and could care less.

Kudos to him for doing something to help the community with his time off.

terrell owens, kellen winslow, meshawn johnson, ray lewis, etc.....if it were any of these guys, ya'll would not be saying "classy move"...you would see it for what it is and it is a sham to better his image.....yes he is helping, and that's just great, but his heart is probably not in it....his agent put him up to it

None of the above players did anything positive to help others while suspended, as a matter of fact have any of the players suspended for various reasons this season done anything positive during their suspension ?

Kudos to him for using this time to help.

We could have had Troy but Haslett thought it would be wise to trade 2 first rounders for Sullivan. The Steelers picked him right after where our picks would have been. Keep in mind this was right after Haslett thought it would be a good idea to get rid of Sammy Knight.

Actually he got picked at #16 by the Steelers that year and we had picks 17-18. So, we still could have gotten him, but we would have had to trade up!

Last edited:
look, i am not knocking the dude for helping....i am merely questioning his motives....did he help in the off season down here?? not that i know of....his timing is what i have issue with....i appreciate the dudes help, but as pointed out, there are thousands of broke college kids doing the same thing...take it for what it's worth....i see it as him trying to erase the cheating blemish from his profile and nothing more

well i guess it's ok to do steroids...as long as you do something good for the community when you get caught

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom