Sweden cutting income taxes to spur employment (1 Viewer)

Secondly, over the years, it appears that the appropriate level of marginal income tax rates has for the most part settled into a reasonable zone; conservatives, like myself, would prefer a lower rate, say in the 28% range, while the upper end of the zone is in the 37% range. The bottom line is, we're really just arguing a difference of 9% or so on the top marginal rate. We'll see if this changes, I suspect it will.

I would take this a step further and say that the appropriate level changes based on other factors.

My limited understanding of Swedish tax policy leads me to believe these tax cuts will spur employment. The more interesting question, to me, is what will the longer term picture look like. Will this increase government revenue due to increased economic activity - again, if Sweden's tax rates are as high as I think they are, this is likely. If they really aren't all that high, I suspect the gains in economic activity will be offset by the loss of tax revenue -- so will they run deficits or cut spending.

Should be interesting to watch.

There were no hot chicks under Reagan.. :(

here's one i liked back then. :shrug:

dana-plato-young.jpg

Good grief, I feel like
alice-in-front-of-rabbit-hole.jpg

Bronco repping Barkus....Right & Left living in harmony due to Swedish hotties...

I LOVE it when the Saints win on Sunday. :ezbill:

Jan

Good grief, I feel like

Bronco repping Barkus....Right & Left living in harmony due to Swedish hotties...

I LOVE it when the Saints win on Sunday. :ezbill:

Jan

Swedish hotties have the power... :worthy:

Let's make a rule Bronco must rep KingBarkus after every Saints win this year!

:smilielol:

For the Hottest Swede, I humbly submit Elin Grindemyr for consideration:

elin-715682.jpg

elin.jpg

Elin-Grindemyr-2.jpg

Former playmate of the year.

Attachments

• victoria.jpeg
    victoria.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
  • victoria-silvstedt-picture-21.jpg
    victoria-silvstedt-picture-21.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 120
Swedish hotties have the power... :worthy:

Let's make a rule Bronco must rep KingBarkus after every Saints win this year!

:smilielol:

I guess thats probably the easiest way to get yourself 19 reps this football season. :hihi:

Last edited:
Not only are they hotter than average, they put out...

As I recall unemployment figures were mostly low through most of Bush's term, I don't know if tax cuts had anything to do with that or not. Interesting to see if it helps those figures in Sweden.

unemployment numbers were at record lows though the calculus was distorted in a manner similar to the way they cheated the inflation stats. In Sweden, it will be interesting to see if investment and growth has been stifled by taxes as it was here previously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom