Teddy’s Touchdowns (1 Viewer)

The encouraging thing about that video is that he showed touch when necessary, threw bullets into tight windows, laid a couple of really long TD's right over the receiver's shoulder where they didn't even have to break stride, etc. Things we haven't seen him do in black and gold.

And notice he wasn't hesitant in the least to run it in for a TD from even past 10 yards out if there was green grass ahead of him. He isn't doing that at all here. He had the chance to pick up a first against L.A. and stopped short to not cross the line which forced him to throw a bad ball into tight coverage for an incompletion when he could've easily had a chance to move the chains. He's never been a running QB, and we don't need him to be, but even Drew runs it when there's a chance to pick up a first or score a TD and we need him to have the confidence in his knee to do that.

I really think it's all between the ears with him right now because of having his knee shredded. That video shows he has all the tools to make all the throws and is the QB we paid $7MM for this year. I hope Payton builds his confidence this week leading up to the game. I believe he will and TB could have a really good game if he does.

I went back and watched parts of games from his Vikings days. I haven’t seen anything to get excited about, and if you look at his stats during that time they’re just not good. Most games I looked at were 150ish yards/1td games. This was with prime Adrian Peterson.
Just remember, those were his first 2 years. You really can't judge a QB's abilities or potential from his early years.

Don't think that's true? Take a look at years 2 & 3 for Drew (he didn't play in year one) and you'll find his stats were actually worse than Teddy's. Yet no one would say that those years were accurate predictors of his future. Nor should we expect those years to predict Teddy's future.

Examples abound of players with poor early years that became great, players with great early years who fell off a cliff, and everything in between.

When you think about it, we really don't have anything to draw valid opinions about Teddy yet. The only other games he's played were:
preseason, and we know you can predict very little from that

end of 2018 season, a game without a game plan or many starters

and last week where a game plan was designed for Drew along with drops and god knows how many 1st and 20s.

So my point is we really don't know what Teddy is or what he can be with time and coaching. The next 2 or 3 games will tell us if he is a potential replacement for Drew or a perennial BU.

But today? We don't know and anyone who thinks they do is just projecting what they want him to be.

He really loves throwing to tight ends, hope Cook can be that guy for him.
A TE should be a “safety valve” for any QB. Mostly rookie, young QBs. Teddy at this point, should be able to go through his progressions, and find the correct read. Along with feeling where pressure is coming from. He’s lost a lot since that injury awhile ago, but it’s time to put excuses in the trash can. He’s 100% healthy and he’s had over a year to learn the offense. He’s also the highest paid backup QB in the league. This is what he was brought here to do.....win us games if needed. No excuses

His touchdowns were low, that doesn't mean his INTs were bad. His Int per attempt was tied for 10th in 2015.

Tied for 10th....And tied with 25% of the starting QBs in the NFL (that's 8).

Just watched a video on YouTube called “every Teddy Bridgewater touchdown for the Vikings
What impressed me most was his pocket movement and quick release, something l have not saw whilst he has been a Saint yet
If he can get these skills back then we are in with a shout
I recommend checking the video out if you get time

Darn you British! Do you spell "touchdown" differently too? Lol

Screenshot_20190918-151347.png

Just remember, those were his first 2 years. You really can't judge a QB's abilities or potential from his early years.

Don't think that's true? Take a look at years 2 & 3 for Drew (he didn't play in year one) and you'll find his stats were actually worse than Teddy's. Yet no one would say that those years were accurate predictors of his future. Nor should we expect those years to predict Teddy's future.

Examples abound of players with poor early years that became great, players with great early years who fell off a cliff, and everything in between.

When you think about it, we really don't have anything to draw valid opinions about Teddy yet. The only other games he's played were:
preseason, and we know you can predict very little from that

end of 2018 season, a game without a game plan or many starters

and last week where a game plan was designed for Drew along with drops and god knows how many 1st and 20s.

So my point is we really don't know what Teddy is or what he can be with time and coaching. The next 2 or 3 games will tell us if he is a potential replacement for Drew or a perennial BU.

But today? We don't know and anyone who thinks they do is just projecting what they want him to be.

I agree mostly and I fully expect him to look better against Seattle. I just saw the same things I saw when I’ve watched him here. Accurate at times but holds the ball too long and over throws receivers on deeper routes.

A TE should be a “safety valve” for any QB. Mostly rookie, young QBs. Teddy at this point, should be able to go through his progressions, and find the correct read. Along with feeling where pressure is coming from. He’s lost a lot since that injury awhile ago, but it’s time to put excuses in the trash can. He’s 100% healthy and he’s had over a year to learn the offense. He’s also the highest paid backup QB in the league. This is what he was brought here to do.....win us games if needed. No excuses

So, a TD to a tight end is an excuse? lol.

Just watched a video on YouTube called “every Teddy Bridgewater touchdown for the Vikings
What impressed me most was his pocket movement and quick release, something l have not saw whilst he has been a Saint yet
If he can get these skills back then we are in with a shout
I recommend checking the video out if you get time

That would be 33 TD's?
Did the Video balance that with replays of his 87 sacks, 23 interceptions and 12 fumbles?

So, a TD to a tight end is an excuse? lol.
No. Saying that utilizing a TE as a young QB is actually a smart good thing. It was more of an explanation of why he looked to his TE a lot early in his career. It wasn’t a slight to him

...my point is we really don't know what Teddy is or what he can be with time and coaching...
Stop it, you with your rational rationale. :mad:

The mob wants "Tay Tay" and will brook no discussion. They can't simply accede to the smartest guy in the room -- the coach -- and pull for his choice of QB in black and gold. Not that their ranting makes any difference...

Whining. Arguing. Looking for trade bait. Next stop will be hoping TB gets injured.

Pathetic.

I don't see a lot of talent. More oof someone who can manage the position. He can have nice touch on throws, but 90% of those touchdowns are to wide open, first reads, or routes in the flat/dump-offs. Maybe one or two tight window throws? We don't have the Vikings personnel a WR. We have one burner, but otherwise, we have big bodied receivers that are able to box out and catch passes against defenders when the ball is thrown to the right spot/side. Thats the touch that Drew has that I am not confident Teddy or Taysom can achieve.

Guys!!!! Did you not see who he threw a TD to in this video?? Zach Freaking Line...he is familiar. I am picking Line up in fatasy. Championship!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom