Television recommendations please (1 Viewer)

If you're going to be a grizzly, be the biggest grizzly in the forest. 80 inches FTW

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 10
Might as well just get a projector instead of an 80in tv.

Went with the 70" Vizio LED and I'm not disappointed.

What TV brand has the best wifi? I have a Vizio in my bedroom, which is fine picture wise, it's the bedroom. But the wifi connection sucks. Laptop and cellphone connect great in there.

What TV brand has the best wifi? I have a Vizio in my bedroom, which is fine picture wise, it's the bedroom. But the wifi connection sucks. Laptop and cellphone connect great in there.

I think a different way of going about it would be to get a wifi repeater/extender vs buying a new tv - if you are happy with your current router and tv, this would be a cheaper solution

I think a different way of going about it would be to get a wifi repeater/extender vs buying a new tv - if you are happy with your current router and tv, this would be a cheaper solution
Thanks, yeh, I already have one half way between the router and my bedroom. Probably why my laptop and phone connect so easily. I think the Vizio just has substandard wifi, because sometimes it will connect just fine and stream seamlessly, then the next time it won't even connect to the internet while everything else still works fine.

Thanks, yeh, I already have one half way between the router and my bedroom. Probably why my laptop and phone connect so easily. I think the Vizio just has substandard wifi, because sometimes it will connect just fine and stream seamlessly, then the next time it won't even connect to the internet while everything else still works fine.

Problem is, wifi signal strength isn't really something reviewers delve into when they review tvs

I'd maybe explore getting an external streaming box, like a roku or chromecast etc. Those have their own dedicated hardware, and essentially you would bypass the tv wifi issues. They're pretty cheap-ish (at least compared to a new tv hah)

I'm beginning to think my wifi extender isn't up to snuff. It worked well enough when I purchased it over a year ago, but we have lots of electricity outages here and I'm thinking maybe it isn't working correctly any longer. As I think about it, the problem with the TV in the bedroom only cropped up in the last 4 months or so. Anyone have any recommendations?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom