Television recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Seems like an acceptable tv but Best Buy and Amazon have it cheaper. I've bought televisions from both and both were great. I prefer Amazon. Costco has a better Samsung for $950 with free shipping if you have an account with them. Don't buy a tv because the HDMI cable comes with it. They're cheap and, for the most part, the quality doesn't matter unless you're needing a very long cable. Monoprice and Amazon have some very good HDMI cables for very little money.

Amazon.com: Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black): Electronics

Samsung 50" Class 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV UN50F6350A

The HDMI cable was actually extra. I just hit purchase. Haven't used that acct in awhile so hopefully it's still good. Today is my bday so just said what the heck, might as well get something new to watch my Saints on.

Reading online some delivery companies actually let you take the tv out the box to make sure it is not damaged and some even let you plug it in to see if tv works. Just called mine and she said they will only deliver it to the inside of my house. Would be nice to know it works before they leave.

Reading online some delivery companies actually let you take the tv out the box to make sure it is not damaged and some even let you plug it in to see if tv works. Just called mine and she said they will only deliver it to the inside of my house. Would be nice to know it works before they leave.

I thought most delivery companies did this as part of the deal. When I had mine delivered they opened the box, plugged it in and turned it on for me to witness that it worked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I thought most delivery companies did this as part of the deal. When I had mine delivered they opened the box, plugged it in and turned it on for me to witness that it worked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Only makes sense, I'm going to ask the actual delivery ppl whenever they arrive. I would think that would be part of the contract between the online store and the delivery company.

Edit: ordered from dell, being delivered by pilot shipping

I'm about to buy a new TV. Will I be sorry for not going 4k now? Or am I safe for at least a few years?

I'm about to buy a new TV. Will I be sorry for not going 4k now? Or am I safe for at least a few years?

You should be safe. Certainly no broadcast will be going to that standard. The only thing that will even be capable of that resolution would be downloaded content, and filesizes and bandwidth requirements will make that very unlikely to be adopted any time soon, other than in very obscure instances.

Also, the 70" Vizio has better reviews than the Sharp. It also has a matte finish for less glare. That's big because I have a bigass bay window.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom