Television recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Btw, I love my st50 from Panasonic. It's an awesome tv.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Btw, I love my st50 from Panasonic. It's an awesome tv.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I can second this. I got a GT50 recently, which is a small step up from the ST50. It's an absolutely amazing TV, and I've heard the ST50 is equally good.

I'm trying to find a 720p model 42-50" for my cabana and its slim pickins.

I found an LG 50" 720p plasma thats under $500. I don't see how I can go wrong.

When i upgrade my den I'm sticking with panasonic. I'm very happy with the one I have now.

I had a 60" Sharp LED that had great color and kept up with motion pretty well, and it was about 1200 bucks IIRC. It did have that Soap Opera effect and I just couldn't shake it. It made watching TV like looking through a window. I guess that should be better, but just too wierd for me.
I returned it to Best Buy after a few months and got the 60" Panasonic plasma. What a great TV!! Awesome for football games. I've had it for about 10 months or so and have had no issues. I'd buy another one. The Plasma technology has come so far in the last 10 years and you get so much more for your money,IMO.
I have the ability to darken the living room so glare isn't an issue. It really isn't an issue with the shades open either.

Samsung Series 5 50-inch UN50EH5300 1080p LED Smart HDTV

Looking at that for $925, thoughts on if that is a good deal and tv? That includes a HDMI cable, free S&h, plus taxes. Thx

Samsung Series 5 50-inch UN50EH5300 1080p LED Smart HDTV

Looking at that for $925, thoughts on if that is a good deal and tv? That includes a HDMI cable, free S&h, plus taxes. Thx

Seems like an acceptable tv but Best Buy and Amazon have it cheaper. I've bought televisions from both and both were great. I prefer Amazon. Costco has a better Samsung for $950 with free shipping if you have an account with them. Don't buy a tv because the HDMI cable comes with it. They're cheap and, for the most part, the quality doesn't matter unless you're needing a very long cable. Monoprice and Amazon have some very good HDMI cables for very little money.

Amazon.com: Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black): Electronics

Samsung 50" Class 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV UN50F6350A

Don't buy a tv because the HDMI cable comes with it. They're cheap and, for the most part, the quality doesn't matter unless you're needing a very long cable. Monoprice and Amazon have some very good HDMI cables for very little money.

Absolutely. Never buy your HDMI cables (or any cables, really) at a brick-and-mortar. Buy them online, and you'll see how much you're getting gouged on them normally.

Seems like an acceptable tv but Best Buy and Amazon have it cheaper. I've bought televisions from both and both were great. I prefer Amazon. Costco has a better Samsung for $950 with free shipping if you have an account with them. Don't buy a tv because the HDMI cable comes with it. They're cheap and, for the most part, the quality doesn't matter unless you're needing a very long cable. Monoprice and Amazon have some very good HDMI cables for very little money.

Amazon.com: Samsung UN50EH5300 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV (Black): Electronics

Samsung 50" Class 1080p 120Hz Smart LED HDTV UN50F6350A

mmm monoprice.

Remember that Best Buy now matches just about all reputable on line retailers. Yeah you have to pay the tax but if something goes wrong its an easy return within 14 days.

I have a 40" Samsung LED and while the picture is the best I've ever had, I think it could use a few more GHz. It, like the one you lined, is 60 MHz. Read the reviews and see what people think about watching sports on it. I rarely use mine for that, but when I do, I notice it. It's acceptable, though.

Absolutely. Never buy your HDMI cables (or any cables, really) at a brick-and-mortar. Buy them online, and you'll see how much you're getting gouged on them normally.

Unless there is a Fry's in your town. Fry's will throw them in discount bins for a couple of bucks.

I wish we had a Fry's here. Great store.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom