Video That Franchise Guy posts his NFC South draft grades (2 Viewers)

His biggest knock was Fuaga not being his top tackle at that pick. He thought there were better pass blockers. He still gave it an A. I'll admit having two run-blocking Tackles, that may not be great pass blockers, is a bit concerning for me. That assumes Penning figures something out eventually anyway. So probably not worth thinking about.

The whole tackle thing is still a mess. I'm not sure how it will play out. Glad they added some legit talent to it though.

Video link goes straight to the Saints section. Spoiler alert: he loved our picks based on scheme fit.

Good stuff.

I think the thing people miss wrt Fuaga as compared to Mims or Fautanu is that we need a bit of a mauler there if we want to run the ball as much as we seem to be planning to.

Fashanu would’ve been too clean to pass up as a pure LT. But for what we want to do, Fuaga was really the obvious choice.

His biggest knock was Fuaga not being his top tackle at that pick. He thought there were better pass blockers. He still gave it an A. I'll admit having two run-blocking Tackles, that may not be great pass blockers, is a bit concerning for me. That assumes Penning figures something out eventually anyway. So probably not worth thinking about.

The whole tackle thing is still a mess. I'm not sure how it will play out. Glad they added some legit talent to it though.
Two things on Fuaga:
1. We desperately need to be able to run the ball so a guy who can truck defensive tackles in the run game is essential
2. So, he says the guy who didn't allow a single sack his Senior year, and in fact, only allowed ONE sack his entire college career isn't that great a pass blocker? Huh? :scratch:

Well, if the Saints are going to a play action offense more often, it should take some pressure off the offensive line.

Two things on Fuaga:
1. We desperately need to be able to run the ball so a guy who can truck defensive tackles in the run game is essential
2. So, he says the guy who didn't allow a single sack his Senior year, and in fact, only allowed ONE sack his entire college career isn't that great a pass blocker? Huh? :scratch:
Well, it's not just him. A pretty consistent note on Fuaga is he can get beat around the edge. Didn't result in sacks but he lost reps. I don't think anyone is saying he's bad in pass pro, just there are better prospects and he has weaknesses. That's why some people want him at guard, they think he has no weaknesses there.

Well, it's not just him. A pretty consistent note on Fuaga is he can get beat around the edge. Didn't result in sacks but he lost reps. I don't think anyone is saying he's bad in pass pro, just there are better prospects and he has weaknesses. That's why some people want him at guard, they think he has no weaknesses there.
Yeah, that's pretty much what EJ from Bootleg Football said about him. He can be beaten around his outside hand. He basically said Fuaga at guard is an All-Pro, Fuaga at right tackle is a Pro Bowler.

but isn’t fautanu suited better for guard? we needed a tackle. obviously woulda loved the penn st kid but he wasn’t a a available

Yeah, that's pretty much what EJ from Bootleg Football said about him. He can be beaten around his outside hand. He basically said Fuaga at guard is an All-Pro, Fuaga at right tackle is a Pro Bowler.
A pro bowler is cheaper then an all pro! I’ll take it!

One of my favorite things about Fuaga is no injury history.
Some said Fautanu has degenerative knee issues, that right there was a no sell for me. Already dealing with Ram, I knew when the season started last year that I had never seen as much pressure from the right side, then we found out how bad Ram's knee was. Sad to see it for Ram, been the best at his position for a while.

A lot of people who follow the draft closely like the Khristian Boyd pick. For me, being able to get a run stuffing DT that late solidified my grade of an A for this draft.
He's not just a run stuffer though. No one could stay in front of him in the Shrine Game. The film was astounding. I saw him straight up embarrassing would-be blockers.

He'll be a nose. But he can be a 3-tech too.

He's not just a run stuffer though. No one could stay in front of him in the Shrine Game. The film was astounding. I saw him straight up embarrassing would-be blockers.

He'll be a nose. But he can be a 3-tech too.
He's definitely a run stopper for now. Had a great shine game but let's not get ahead of ourselves he's a nose.

Maybe he can grow into something more down the line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom