Video That Franchise Guy posts his NFC South draft grades (1 Viewer)

He's definitely a run stopper for now. Had a great shine game but let's not get ahead of ourselves he's a nose.

Maybe he can grow into something more down the line.
It wasn't the game that impressed me so much. It was the drills.

That guy can penetrate. Instantly. He's so strong and fast. I predict he'll be taking snaps at 3-tech, not just 1 or 2 gapping at nose.

That guy can penetrate. Instantly. He's so strong and so fast. I predict he'll be taking snaps at 3-tech, not just nose 1 or 2 gapping.
On tape he’s a lot more explosive than I thought he’d be. Very intriguing prospect. It’s difficult for me to see him not making the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE

That guy can penetrate. Instantly. He's so strong and fast. I predict he'll be taking snaps at 3-tech, not just 1 or 2 gapping at nose.
He's definitely explosive and plays with excellent pad level. Both really impressive traits for such a big man.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
He's definitely explosive and plays with excellent pad level. Both really impressive traits for such a big man.
Did anyone know Boyd was on Charles Davis annual "must have underrated" list?

On that list for 2024 - which is only 16 players long - the Saints nabbed three of them. That's 19% of the list.
  • Spencer Rattler
  • Dallin Holker
  • Kristian Boyd
I didn't know anything about Boyd until after the Shrine Bowl. But when I saw that film I was like WOW.

Charles Davis Must Have Underrated List

Good stuff.

I think the thing people miss wrt Fuaga as compared to Mims or Fautanu is that we need a bit of a mauler there if we want to run the ball as much as we seem to be planning to.

Fashanu would’ve been too clean to pass up as a pure LT. But for what we want to do, Fuaga was really the obvious choice.
If we're going to run the ball, we also needed a top-notch RB prospect.

Well, if the Saints are going to a play action offense more often, it should take some pressure off the offensive line.

Exactly. Kubiak wants to run the ball and they got a great building block for the run game, long-term. Next year, we'll likely get another.

For the passing game, I expect Kubiak to quicken the pace of the offense, have short drops and quick timing throws, lessen the need for pass blockers to hold blocks, and lessen Derek Carr's reads and decision-making. This should take pressure off Carr, who will always have the deep ball in his hip pocket.

I think this makes it clearer to see the Saints finally resetting here offensively and having a two year plan with Carr, Allen, and Kubiak. If Kubiak can make Derek Carr "young again," and play like Purdy and Goff, there may be some new hope.

Did anyone know Boyd was on Charles Davis annual "must have underrated" list?

On that list for 2024 - which is only 16 players long - the Saints nabbed three of them. That's 19% of the list.
  • Spencer Rattler
  • Dallin Holker
  • Kristian Boyd
I didn't know anything about Boyd until after the Shrine Bowl. But when I saw that film I was like WOW.

Charles Davis Must Have Underrated List
I only saw clips of the Holker "double catch" but thought he was just showboating a little. The video clip in that article shows he actually thought the drill was over and started to run upfield when he noticed their was another pass coming his way. Love him even more, now.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom