That non-call may have closed the door on this era of the Saints (1 Viewer)

The Saints are still one of the most, and possibly the most, talented team in the league. We are set up great for a Super Bowl run again this year. Then the cupboard is no where near bare going forward with a lot of young talent. I know the season ended on a very difficult note, but being a fan of this team should not be as “doom and gloom” as it is lately. Our present is great and our future is very good.
Yes Vegas has us as a one of the favorites, but saintbilly thinks otherwise. How I don’t know. Just getting back Meridith a number one receiver with the bears. And Patrick Robertson ( one of the highest grade slot corners) makes us better. This is a young up-and-coming team. The only person of age is Drew. Who is still Several years younger than Brady. This dude’s office rocker

Yes Vegas has us as a one of the favorites, but saintbilly thinks otherwise. How I don’t know. Just getting back Meridith a number one receiver with the bears. And Patrick Robertson ( one of the highest grade slot corners) makes us better. This is a young up-and-coming team. The only person of age is Drew. Who is still Several years younger than Brady. This dude’s office rocker

Alshon Jeffery was the #1 receiver for the Bears in 2016, not Meredith. Also, we'll be three years removed from Meredith's one productive season, and what we saw from him last year was anything but promising.

P-Rob will certainly make us better, but PJ was surprisingly effective last season, so it's unlikely to be a big improvement.

While it's a young team, it's hard to deny that this team will only go as far as Drew takes them. Without Drew, they'd probably be looking at a losing season. And I think the case for pessimism is that Drew's performance fell off a cliff last season once the OL started falling apart. If the Saints don't have the combination of an elite OL & Drew Brees, they're going nowhere. And with Unger's surprise retirement, in addition to having only one draft pick in the first two days, it's not unreasonable to recognize that the window could be closing before our eyes.

Were still a team thats two deep at most positions. Oline deph is important. We still got the draft/ cuts and even a trade is possible to sure up the position. Payton era he has went the trade for a center route twice. Unger and Jeff Faine

The same talk of windows closing in the Brees era was said after seasons 2010 (Seattle playoff loss), 2011 (49ers playoff loss), even 2013 (Seattle playoff loss) - throw in three 7-9 seasons in between where it was said repeatedly - then the youth movement on the roster started churning heading into 2017 (Minnesota playoff loss), 2018 (Rams playoff loss), and yet after all these seasons since Super Bowl XLIV the Saints may now have the most talented roster in the Brees era (although I would argue 2011 was a great team but the defense wasn't as good as it is now). Have a little faith heading into the upcoming season. It's way too early to tell what this team will do, and every year a new team identity starts to take shape a few games into the regular season.

I know this will not be a popular post and I will get a lot of thumbs down and I am fine with that. I am still sick over that non-call and still not sure if I will even watch the NFL anymore. I firmly believe that travesty in the NFCCG sent everything into a tailspin. Ingram never got his ring and moved on to Baltimore (maybe he would've stayed had the Saints won the Superbowl...maybe not.) Unger was a mainstay on that line and should've had a ring with the Saints as well. Watson should've gotten a ring with us before he retired. Brees should've been 2-0 in the Superbowl and Brady should've been 5-4...and the GOAT argument would suddenly become a little more interesting. There is no telling who else's legacy it will affect down the line. Last year was our year and sadly I think the door is now closed. I do believe that Brees is on the decline and unfortunately I think we may see a drastic drop next season ala Favre after his stellar season in Minnesota. Everything was in place last season for a Superbowl - First year without Mr. Benson, all the eerie similarities to 2009, very few injuries, etc. Instead the Saints and their fans got robbed. I don't think we will be as injury-free this season nor do I think Peat and Armstead will be as healthy as they were last season (which is saying a lot considering they were both injured this year.) And I hate to say it but without Unger I think our line may be suddenly be in trouble. And we know that how the line goes...so does Brees. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this team winds up going 7-9 or worse and missing the playoffs. I hope I am wrong but it certainly has that feeling to me.

Dude have you looked at our roster. We are loaded man. We have arguably the best roster in all of football. We will be fine. We have even upgraded a few positions.

Yes losing mark sux, but trust me Murray us going to surprise you. Losing hunger is hard to. The writing was on the wall for him. He had his worst season last year since he was a rookie. Which is saying alot bc is still wasn't bad. Dont overlook Cameron Tom, I'm excited for him. He is a good young O lineman.

I'm not worried about brees. Brees plays the game mentally better then any qb in the league. He knows himself better then we do. Not to even mention the draft. This draft is loaded in all the right positions for us. We have the strong core, we will build depth through the rest of free agency and the draft. We still have the same core of guys, who are going and only going to get better.

We haven't seen the best of Lattimore, Marcus William's, Davenport, Kamara, and many others. They will only continue to get better.

Keep your head up. The front office has done an amazing job putting together the right group of guys. We are still SB contenders.

The only era that is ending soon is the Brees led Saints era and even that is not over yet and we don't know when it will be for sure. This team is loaded with talent with top 3 in the NFL talent at DE, LT, RT, WR, RB and CB. All but the LT are still extremely young and on rookie contracts. There is also talent throughout every position on the team that might not be top 3 in the NFL, but still young and talented. TE is the current weak spot, but that will be address. The DL has been addressed in a huge way. The sky is not falling because we lost a RB who has already been replaced and a center who we may already have a replacement on the team or will get one soon. This team is build to last unlike some people's faith in them.

Alshon Jeffery was the #1 receiver for the Bears in 2016, not Meredith. Also, we'll be three years removed from Meredith's one productive season, and what we saw from him last year was anything but promising.

P-Rob will certainly make us better, but PJ was surprisingly effective last season, so it's unlikely to be a big improvement.

While it's a young team, it's hard to deny that this team will only go as far as Drew takes them. Without Drew, they'd probably be looking at a losing season. And I think the case for pessimism is that Drew's performance fell off a cliff last season once the OL started falling apart. If the Saints don't have the combination of an elite OL & Drew Brees, they're going nowhere. And with Unger's surprise retirement, in addition to having only one draft pick in the first two days, it's not unreasonable to recognize that the window could be closing before our eyes.
This whole post is trash lmao

Whether or not we will have a great team next year is almost irrelevant at this point. We had a great team this year. It didn’t matter in a crooked league.

After this no call i see little reason to ever put myself through another season of pulling with everything I’ve got for the Saints. The league is rigged. We are being played for fools.

We are still a playoff caliber team. Beyond that I don’t know.

I don’t think we will win a super bowl this year either. Also, apparently there won’t be any rule changes. With that being said, I will still keep my season tickets and root for the Saints as will everyone else
, because we are all sheep to the NFL machine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom