That non-call may have closed the door on this era of the Saints (1 Viewer)

I hope something excruciatingly painful happens to Roger Goodell or someone in his family.

The Saints are still one of the most, and possibly the most, talented team in the league. We are set up great for a Super Bowl run again this year. Then the cupboard is no where near bare going forward with a lot of young talent. I know the season ended on a very difficult note, but being a fan of this team should not be as “doom and gloom” as it is lately. Our present is great and our future is very good.

After what happened to end the Saints season and you wonder why all the doom and gloom?

Our future is good if the NFL front office decides that our future is good.

Alshon Jeffery was the #1 receiver for the Bears in 2016, not Meredith. Also, we'll be three years removed from Meredith's one productive season, and what we saw from him last year was anything but promising.

P-Rob will certainly make us better, but PJ was surprisingly effective last season, so it's unlikely to be a big improvement.

While it's a young team, it's hard to deny that this team will only go as far as Drew takes them. Without Drew, they'd probably be looking at a losing season. And I think the case for pessimism is that Drew's performance fell off a cliff last season once the OL started falling apart. If the Saints don't have the combination of an elite OL & Drew Brees, they're going nowhere. And with Unger's surprise retirement, in addition to having only one draft pick in the first two days, it's not unreasonable to recognize that the window could be closing before our eyes.

^^^ the pill the optimists need to swallow

Dude have you looked at our roster. We are loaded man. We have arguably the best roster in all of football. We will be fine. We have even upgraded a few positions.

Yes losing mark sux, but trust me Murray us going to surprise you. Losing hunger is hard to. The writing was on the wall for him. He had his worst season last year since he was a rookie. Which is saying alot bc is still wasn't bad. Dont overlook Cameron Tom, I'm excited for him. He is a good young O lineman.

I'm not worried about brees. Brees plays the game mentally better then any qb in the league. He knows himself better then we do. Not to even mention the draft. This draft is loaded in all the right positions for us. We have the strong core, we will build depth through the rest of free agency and the draft. We still have the same core of guys, who are going and only going to get better.

We haven't seen the best of Lattimore, Marcus William's, Davenport, Kamara, and many others. They will only continue to get better.

Keep your head up. The front office has done an amazing job putting together the right group of guys. We are still SB contenders.

Let me ask you this. If Thomas had gone down what do you think our record would have been? That was 1 receiver.

Step back from the ledge.
Ain't Talkin bout love,easily one of halen's best ice cream man judgement day summer nights some good ones as well. But since we are Talkin bout that in theory we should rock the house again next season.

'You can't ever swim in the same river twice' Heraclitus c. 500 BC

Basically, once a season is done, that window is closed. What comes next will always be different in some way, shape or form. Life is change.

I agree with some of what you say but I think you’re taking it to the extreme...

I know this will not be a popular post and I will get a lot of thumbs down and I am fine with that. I am still sick over that non-call and still not sure if I will even watch the NFL anymore. I firmly believe that travesty in the NFCCG sent everything into a tailspin. Ingram never got his ring and moved on to Baltimore (maybe he would've stayed had the Saints won the Superbowl...maybe not.) Unger was a mainstay on that line and should've had a ring with the Saints as well. Watson should've gotten a ring with us before he retired. Brees should've been 2-0 in the Superbowl and Brady should've been 5-4...and the GOAT argument would suddenly become a little more interesting. There is no telling who else's legacy it will affect down the line. Last year was our year and sadly I think the door is now closed. I do believe that Brees is on the decline and unfortunately I think we may see a drastic drop next season ala Favre after his stellar season in Minnesota. Everything was in place last season for a Superbowl - First year without Mr. Benson, all the eerie similarities to 2009, very few injuries, etc. Instead the Saints and their fans got robbed. I don't think we will be as injury-free this season nor do I think Peat and Armstead will be as healthy as they were last season (which is saying a lot considering they were both injured this year.) And I hate to say it but without Unger I think our line may be suddenly be in trouble. And we know that how the line goes...so does Brees. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this team winds up going 7-9 or worse and missing the playoffs. I hope I am wrong but it certainly has that feeling to me.

The Saints will be just fine. The organization has good ownership, and solid administration and coaching. The right pieces will fall into place and The Saints will contend from start to finish.

We have just as good a chance to win this year as any other team other then the Pats, that get to play in that horrid division. I haven't followed the other teams since we were cheated out of another SB appearance, but I don't don't fear the rest of our division. I see an easy road to the playoffs again. . .hopefully there will be increased scrutiny on the poor reffing. . .or maybe our opponents will get ripped like we did. Unger and Ingram . . I don't think their loss sets us back much at all. Hopefully we have one more big FA signing then make great picks with the few draft picks we have.

And maybe coach likes. what he sees from Dwayne Washington each day in practice......and wants to open the door for him (not to mention he’s much cheaper, allowing us to sign players like Brown

Now see, that's my thinking.. for all those that forget, DW played pretty dang hard at the end of the season when given the shot.. I like that young man.. & even though I never seen him play at UW, i've heard nothing but good things about him from my friends who have, also mentioning that the Saints are lucky to have him.

When I go back and watch the last couple games from last season I can see why Coach has him on the team. Yes it hurts losing Mark Ingram, but at his age and what the Ravens gave him, I really can't blame the Saints for moving on.. I'd almost bet that Murray is gonna be the #3 behind Kamara and Washington, some of you may not agree with that, but with the way DW rocked it out of his shell, he may have just earned that #2 RB spot.

That could be a nice trio of RB's to have.. we'll see though, I just can't help get'n a little giddy thinking of a Kamara/DW combo, that's a youth package without breaking the bank.

NW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom