The best thing the Saints could do by Alvin Kamara is to trade him to a contender. (26 Viewers)

If it works out for Kamara great, but the Saints should do what makes the most sense for the Saints. They should trade him to whatever team will give them the best value whether that means trading him to Carolina, or a similar team, or sending him to a contender.

Seems like a good guy, other than that Vegas thing, but he knows it's a business and will act accordingly. And the Saints should treat it like a business too.
I could not agree more. At the end of the day we are a looonnnngggg way away from being any type of contender, so do whatever you can do and trade whoever you can trade to speed that process up and set us up to be in better shape long term.

If the Broncos weren't dealing with the ramifications of dumping Wilson, I wouldn't have been shocked if Kamara left on their private charter to go back to Denver.
Man that would suck for him, go to another team that has no shot to win their division any time soon and that is in rebuild mode. But hey, if they offer the most then so be it.

If there was one silver lining in last nights embarrassment of a game, it was that Kendre Miller looked like he had some real explosive ability. If he can shake the injury issues, I really think he can be a very good RB for us for years to come.

Kamara at this stage is expensive and doesn’t have many high level seasons left. I’d rather see him go to a contender and have a chance to win than get stuck in this rebuild.

Yeah, Miller did look good in limited action. It's time to see what he has along with Mims. Then next year they need to cut bait with Williams and Kamara (ideally trade him this year) and add some youth and talent at the RB position.

Man that would suck for him, go to another team that has no shot to win their division any time soon and that is in rebuild mode. But hey, if they offer the most then so be it.

Thing is, Kamara is 29 and his contract screams one year rental if he is traded, and all the contenders aren't in the market for RBs. The reason I say Denver as the landing spot is Payton's openly talked about how he doesn't have a "joker" RB in his offense in Denver and the way Payton has gone after "his guys" from the Saints, they're probably giving the Saints the best, possibly only offer for Kamara if they could.

However Denver's cap situation this year is dire and I think their attitude is to do the best with what they've got this year.

Doing right by the player has hurt the Saints more than anything. We've handed out large "retirement" contracts to guys who didn't deserve them based on the production we would get from then under their extension, but instead paid them for previous performance which they were already compensated for.

Cam's recent performance dictates he should be unemployed or in the booth, but he's paid on a "retirement" contract to keep him around stealing money and a roster spot from a young player who could help with the rebuild.

Yep. And as much as it pains me to say it, they did the same with Drew Brees. I get why they did it and the team and the City of New Orleans owe him everything so I don't hate them doing it, but the smart move would have been to tell Drew he needed to retire or release him when Brady was willing to sign with the Saints.

Thing is, Kamara is 29 and his contract screams one year rental if he is traded, and all the contenders aren't in the market for RBs. The reason I say Denver as the landing spot is Payton's openly talked about how he doesn't have a "joker" RB in his offense in Denver and the way Payton has gone after "his guys" from the Saints, they're probably giving the Saints the best, possibly only offer for Kamara if they could.

However Denver's cap situation this year is dire and I think their attitude is to do the best with what they've got this year.
He would love Hill in the "joker" role. He was almost referring to him last night when they were talking on air and about short yardage etc. Get Hill healthy and let him go to Denver too.

Yeah, he deserves a shot with a contender. He knows we love him in NO, but reality is reality.

Yep. And as much as it pains me to say it, they did the same with Drew Brees. I get why they did it and the team and the City of New Orleans owe him everything so I don't hate them doing it, but the smart move would have been to tell Drew he needed to retire or release him when Brady was willing to sign with the Saints.

Yeah, they did it with Brees, but if anyone earned it, he did. As for Brady, he's scum. I'm glad Brees blocked Brady from ever wearing Black and Gold.

This really should happen and if not for the injury last night we should be looking at moving Latt as well to someplace he can actually play for a winner.

We should be full on trade everyone right now, but we won't because DA is going to try to save himself as is Loomis so both players will rot away playing for this corpse of a football team.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom