The best thing the Saints could do by Alvin Kamara is to trade him to a contender. (18 Viewers)

This is the first time I have ever agreed with this idea for any player! I used to get pissed off when threads like this use to appear about "Drew deserves to be traded to X" cause I didn't care about what they deserved.

DA has broken me of that belief. His soft and passive style has translated into a soft and passive team that is putting out an inferior product. DA's presence is also rubbing off on our players! They seem like they are not challenged, they are not put in a position to succeed and they seem like they don't believe that they will ever will.

If I was Loomis, I would let it be known that our phone lines are open and I would let our players know if they want out, now is the time.

Why would you get rid of one of your best players?
Why not? It is very likely he is leaving at the conclusion of this season, and he is 100% leaving if DA is still here. He will refuse to restructure and will be cut to save 25 million. We are YEARS away from being a contender so you trade him to help the cap and to get draft capital that can help us begin the rebuild.

However, if DA is going to remain as the coach then just pay everybody here and keep it all the same because no matter what we do DA will ruin it.

IF he wants to go and you can find a suitor/reasonable compensation, then sure.
The problem is finding a team...there are very few contenders that have any semblance of a need at the position. Maybe an injury happens between now and the deadline? KC is the only team that might be willing to bring him in right now, just because they can use Hunt as the hammer and AK to catch passes. Otherwise there are no clean fits. Also I'd be very surprised if we got anything more than a 4th RD pick in return.

Doing right by the player has hurt the Saints more than anything. We've handed out large "retirement" contracts to guys who didn't deserve them based on the production we would get from then under their extension, but instead paid them for previous performance which they were already compensated for.

Cam's recent performance dictates he should be unemployed or in the booth, but he's paid on a "retirement" contract to keep him around stealing money and a roster spot from a young player who could help with the rebuild.
What does this have to do with trading Kamara? You’re comparing two completely different scenarios. You’re not happy if we pay veterans, but you’re also not happy at the idea of trading a veteran rather than paying him?

I say Lattimore as well. He deserves a realistic shot at a ring. He will never get it here.
What do you mean he deserves….you act like he and other players are playing here for peanuts. They are no different than any other player on a losing team and don’t deserve any more benefits than the others. It’s part of the business.

I was going to make a thread about this. The bottom line is I think it's best to try and trade and get value for him because at this point there is no way he comes back after this season. I wouldn't if I were him. They should've signed him to an extension before the season. The only problem is even though there may be some teams that are interested they may not want to proceed because they will have to agree on a new contract as well as compensate the Saints.

What does this have to do with trading Kamara? You’re comparing two completely different scenarios. You’re not happy if we pay veterans, but you’re also not happy at the idea of trading a veteran rather than paying him?

I think you missed his point. He's saying that the trade should be to whoever offers the most value. It should be restricted to trading him to contenders only.

By the way, we also need to trade Lattimore. I mean as soon as he is over his hamstring "injury".

He's not going to want to be here next year anyway and a 29 year-old shutdown CB isn't really going to be useful for a rebuilding team.

With the Saints tanking, AK to the Chiefs would provide us with a bit of interest at least.
I don't usually care what a player does when they leave but with AK it's different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom