The best thing the Saints could do by Alvin Kamara is to trade him to a contender. (23 Viewers)

I agree his contract situation helps us and trade partner

We don’t sign 9 yr RB for the payday contract and trade partner doesn’t inherit a big contract

I’d say the same about Latt but with the injury to PA that may be over a year before playing again , trading Latt may affect next season

Marshon Lattimore signed a 5 Years, $97,603,000 contract with the New Orleans Saints on September 12, 2021. The contract runs through the 2026 season and has an average annual value of $19,520,600.

Chargers and Panther games before deadline not sure if Rico can show anything that would allow a Latt trade

Trade deadline is Nov 4 at 4pm

It’s time to trade all the expensive talent, fire the entire staff and rebuild. Kamara is still productive but his shelf-life is short. Cam Jordan should have been traded 2 years ago when he had value. Carr can bring a lot more value in a trade than he can playing for us (he’s always injured). Lattimore is past his prime, same with the Honey Badger. We have several OL who should be traded. The big mistake Benson made when Payton left was to keep things going with DA & Carmichael. Time to blow this up and start over.

What does this have to do with trading Kamara? You’re comparing two completely different scenarios. You’re not happy if we pay veterans, but you’re also not happy at the idea of trading a veteran rather than paying him?

What? We pay veterans at a point when we should be moving on. Cam was not ascending or even maintaining on his last extension, it was a thanks for your career extension. He's done nothing since then. We should have moved on.

AK needs to be moved before the decline hits. People other than Saints fans can see he's disinterested and wants to be traded.

By the way, we also need to trade Lattimore. I mean as soon as he is over his hamstring "injury".

He's not going to want to be here next year anyway and a 29 year-old shutdown CB isn't really going to be useful for a rebuilding team.

He has that "Davanta Adams Hammy Injury" that will be healed as soon as he's traded. He got it when he got ran over by Nix, that's when he quit.

To be fair Latt should be traded too. At least we can get something for them now. We wont be able to afford them at seasons end. Both have been awesome for us but we need to give them a chance to earn a ring somewhere else. I will miss them both.

Never thought I would thumbs up a response like that but I agree. He is wasted on this team. In fact I would trade every good skill player on this team so they have a shot somewhere else at least get the salary cap down by doing it. Then start working on a younger team for the next 3 to 5 years.

I haven't posted on here in about 10 years I just came to say I'm disgusted at people thinking its a good idea to trade ALVIN KAMARA and MARSHON LATTIMORE.

There's some moves that need to be made but any team or coach would JUMP to have those two players.

He's not under contract after this year. If i was him, I would fake an injury and then just sign elsewhere in the off season. No way I'm staying around for this.

It’s time to trade all the expensive talent, fire the entire staff and rebuild. Kamara is still productive but his shelf-life is short. Cam Jordan should have been traded 2 years ago when he had value. Carr can bring a lot more value in a trade than he can playing for us (he’s always injured). Lattimore is past his prime, same with the Honey Badger. We have several OL who should be traded. The big mistake Benson made when Payton left was to keep things going with DA & Carmichael. Time to blow this up and start over.
We do not have any offensive lineman to trade

doesn't mean you're guaranteed anything of value in return. This is the type of arrogance the Saints team and fanbase have that leads us here!
The Saints holding on to a couple of depreciating assets during a fiscal and talent rebuild guarantees exactly what? My type of arrogance tells me to stock picks. Your type of arrogance guarantees that these players even want to spend the twilights of their careers here.

Nostalgia and the loyalty of some fans -despite creating even more future dead cap space in order to retain beloved players is the issue here.

I remember the crickets after I'd declared Kamara's talent to be equal to that of CMac. I also remember the silence after much earlier suggesting we trade him to a more favorable environment for him.

You would select my one -word post out of all of the responses in agreement with the OP? You have me confused. I dont post in order to engage. I post in order to give my opinions-because some of you people are so God-damned selectively petty and annoying...

Doing right by the player has hurt the Saints more than anything. We've handed out large "retirement" contracts to guys who didn't deserve them based on the production we would get from then under their extension, but instead paid them for previous performance which they were already compensated for.

Cam's recent performance dictates he should be unemployed or in the booth, but he's paid on a "retirement" contract to keep him around stealing money and a roster spot from a young player who could help with the rebuild.
This

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom