The "come clean" thread, dish out and eat your own crow (3 Viewers)

My two swings and misses have been criticism of the Saints OL and not having enough talent (overall) to truly compete.

The OL is playing well above expectations. Congrats to KK who is putting his people in a position to be successful. Also, hats off to the OL coach who I'm hearing is a great mentor. Seems like he has done a great job with Penning.

As for talent, we obviously have the starting depth to compete. We'll see how it goes if we need to dig deep. Thankfully, we've stayed relatively well so far.

OK, dish up your own. To hell with your "hot takes" that appear to be wrong. Hating Allen and Carr for the sake of holding on, hoping you wil still eventually be proven "right" isn't the right path. Enjoy the season and root for your team!
It's two games. I think we need pump the breaks to see how this all unfolds. I think just about everyone on here was way wrong about a lot this offseason. I certainly was but it's two games. Let's see what happens. Great start and let's hope we keep it going. WhoDat!

Sorry, but I'm on the Crow-free diet. While I was not a big defender of DA I was hopefully optimistic that he would right the ship. He hired the guy I wanted in KK almost all along. I did think that Waldron would be a good choice but wanted KK just as much and way over the Zac Robinson Dan Pitcher, Beiniemy ,Jerrod Johnson crowd.

I've been a big Carr defender from day 1. Especially against the Raider fans that came on here talking crap and even personal attacks until they got banned. And all of you that called him CARRBAGE and said he wore eyeliner and gave him grief for going to Chipolte's His 1st day here with his family ( yeah you know who you are )

And last but most satisfying is my staunch defense of Trevor Penning. 905 of you people called him every name in the book. Garbage , A wasted pick , a bust. The worst O lineman in the league. Let's trade him for a half order of Beignets. I told you all , look beneath the surface with TP, how he was injured most of the 2 yrs he was here. How he was getting better every game and should have not been benched, That Marrone was an awful OL coach. I got called everything but a child of God and things like " What are you his Dad" and " What does he have on you ". It's you people that need to eat your crow raw and squawking. Welcome to the crow buffet , I'll be your server for the meal

I liked the Carr signing from the beginning and obviously still do. I never liked making DA the head coach but I understood it due to the value of him running our defense. I’m not convinced yet he can get it done as a head coach but I hope I’m wrong and will eat my crow with a bottle of Don’s Seafood hot sauce if so.

I ain't coming clean on anything. People been wrong about stuff in years past and moved on quietly without admitting wrong so imma do the same.

^^^unless someone claims this post can be taken as admission then I will retort and just say "what post?"
Not as bad as you were on Penning. I'll copy and past to show you what post LOL

-Visor dude obviously. I’m not getting caught up in all yall emotions about him bc he has yet to actually have to coach a game yet. Yes, I give him credit for targeting KK and waiting for him to become available, but until he is faced with having to make crucial decisions in close games, or having to have a mental chess match against a great opposing coach, then I can’t do it. The best thing that I can say is that he is maintaining his defense and he is staying out of KK’s way.
What kind of chess match decision making are you referring to? Throwing challenge flags? Legitimately, this guy is undeniably one of the best defensive play callers in the league (some next gen stat guy on X charted the best defensive play callers from 2023 and DA was number one in the league).

I think the stuff that I wondered about were some of the motivational and personnel decisions. And I think the handling of Penning and Miller during TC and pre-season was a big push in the right direction, imo. I think his decision to keep Lattimore out of the Dallas game was another one of those decisions that could easily be forgotten but he should be commended for.

What kind of chess match decision making are you referring to? Throwing challenge flags? Legitimately, this guy is undeniably one of the best defensive play callers in the league (some next gen stat guy on X charted the best defensive play callers from 2023 and DA was number one in the league).

I think the stuff that I wondered about were some of the motivational and personnel decisions. And I think the handling of Penning and Miller during TC and pre-season was a big push in the right direction, imo. I think his decision to keep Lattimore out of the Dallas game was another one of those decisions that could easily be forgotten but he should be commended for.
No one is questioning his ability to call a defense. Go back and watch the Rams game. Our HC went for it on 4th down three separate times. Failed to convert on all of them, which resulted in 13 points for the Rams. Gave the Rams great field position on two of them.

Now rewatch our Saints/Ravens game from 2018. That was a masterclass clinic by Sean Payton. Dude knew it was going to be a super tough matchup. Went for it on 4th down something like 6 or 7 times in that game. 4 times on the opening drive.

Now tell me when has Visor guy been faced with that kind of head to head competition? To where he has to make gutsy decisions to pull out close victories of that magnitude? Definitely not this year bc he hasn’t had to. I don’t remember any other time, except when he was filling in for SP in that Halloween game. That night, I saw the potential in him, to beat a possibly more talented team, with less. Thats why I was A-O-K with him getting the job. Yet, he didn’t show any of that for the first two years. So, until I see the guy from that Halloween game, i can’t say that he is doing the true coaching thing. These first two games has been pretty much all KK. He’s making it easy of Visor

Well, I was gonna wait until week 4 to taste my crow(in case these games were flukes) but here goes:

Dennis Allen and Derek Carr, I apologize. Dennis turned this team around and has them prepared and playing like a playoff contender already in the first games.

Derek Carr is perfect for this scheme. Kubiak is a masterful play caller as well. Sneaky Pete was the problem, not the players.

The O line looks great so far and the run game is killing people. I was ready to fire Penning a month ago and he has turned it around, too.

Defense still looks quality.

This all speaks to good coaching.

Nice job to all involved.

The sample size is small, but the results are undeniable. Saints look legit if they can stay healthy. I was not overly enthusiastic about the victory against the Panthers, but the beat down the Saints put on Dallas took my breath away. That arse whoopin' was not in my "range of outcomes". Sure we can beat the Cowboys, but I didn't think we had it in us to blow them out. Dallas has deficiencies, but overall they are a solid team. That was an impressive win on the road.

I'm still in shock and disbelief. Let's see if they can handle the hot start and beat an Eagle team that is clearly struggling (especially on defense).

Gotta see some more games before I eat a full meal of crow, but I am absolutely stunned at how the season started. I hope to choke on the feathers!

You guys eating your crow with Tony Chachere's?

Yup, it's been my salt and pepper for years now....

To be fair not many people said AK was done they said it was not wise to long term invest in giving a big multi-year contract to an almost 30yr old RB
And yes AK has looked great but this system is made to make decent RBs look good and good RBs look great, just look at Denver Inder M Shanahan and Hou under Daddy Kubiak

To be fair, lots of folks said he "lost a step" and he wasn't as explosive, etc......they were all wrong.....I also don't think he is going to command a huge contract, we will see.....he hasn't lost a thing....he's not good, he's great.....best Saints RB in history.....

I hope to eat plenty of crow re: DA as the season goes on, but not on the AK41 discussions.....

Slow your roll.

We're two games in.

There's barely enough tape on us to analyze tendencies. It's how we (and the competition) adjust down the road that matters.

While I'm ecstatic that the black and gold is playing this well, I'm still of a "prove it" mindset where DA is concerned.

I don't think I'll be sold until we face adversity and come out on top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom