The continued embarrassing tackler that is Marcus Williams (1 Viewer)

I thought so at first…..but not after the replay.

Marcus was responsible for the other side of the field.

He literally covered an insane amount of territory just to get close.

He just got faked on timing once he got there…..but it wasn’t his play to begin with.

He’s an elite safety who rarely has tackling lapses now. The DK TD was a bad play but if you think holding them to 3 points the rest of the way wasn’t in large part due to him protecting the back end then you’re mistaken.
I'm not CERTAIN why we call him elite and him whiffing on a tackle is certainly not rare!!!! I could make you a whole highlight reel of his horrible tackling.

I'm not CERTAIN why we call him elite and him whiffing on a tackle is certainly not rare!!!! I could make you a whole highlight reel of his horrible tackling.

Please do.

And while you're at it compare the numbers with a safety you consider elite on a similar amount of snaps. Probably right there with the best of them.

MW had one horrific attempt at a tackle 3 years ago, in his rookie season. Granted, it was in the biggest of stages, but you have to account for the facts: we were only in that game because of him; the playcall was terrible; the refs were calling early hits all first half.

Kid's good, he overcame that terrible moment to become a very good player for us. I remember fearing 3rd and 19 more than 3rd and 6 and he's a big part why. Honestly, just let it go. Philly had "Team of Destiny" written all over them anyway.

exactly, and let's not get started with how many times he has chased a receiver into the end zone

But yet people on here swear he's a top 5 free safety in the league.

I thought so at first…..but not after the replay.

Marcus was responsible for the other side of the field.

He literally covered an insane amount of territory just to get close.

He just got faked on timing once he got there…..but it wasn’t his play to begin with.
Dennis Allen was playing a single high safety. Jenkins was up at the line expecting a run.

Dennis Allen was playing a single high safety. Jenkins was up at the line expecting a run.
Yeah, I think most thought run play which is funny b/c I kept saying play action, then the commentator said it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom