The continued embarrassing tackler that is Marcus Williams (1 Viewer)

I didn't even cherry pick this. The first 4 listing of top safeties in 2020 MW was no lower than 7th of all safeties FS's and SS's. All the safeties you listed are not even FS's. You just don't know how to grade out Free Safeties.

6. Marcus Williams, Saints​

Marcus Williams earned a starting job as a rookie in 2017 and has turned himself into an indispensable part of the New Orleans defense. He’s an incredible athlete who does a great job of controlling the deep part of the field.

Williams is such a smart player in terms of how he positions himself and reads the game, making him one of the most underrated safeties in the league who has been denied a Pro Bowl invitation despite several standout seasons.

7. Marcus Williams, Saints

There's a case to be made that Williams should be higher on this list. New Orleans' fifth-year safety continues to climb the ladder as one of the game's best at his position and it likely won't be long until he's given an All-Pro and Pro Bowl nod. He allowed a 61.5 completion percentage in 2020. What was most impressive, however, was his 4.8 missed-tackle percentage only missing his mark three times last year on his 62 opportunities, per Pro Football Reference. The Saints placed the franchise tag on him this offseason, and for good reason, as he's been the second-highest graded safety according to Pro Football Focus' metrics, dating to 2019.
So you're saying Mathieu wouldn't be an upgrade over Williams?

The defense is not our issue, we need capable WRs. I think the team will try and keep the guys we drafted. It ain't broke and this thread is almost like saying trade Latt because he got beat on one play.

No....he is not! Mathieu has graded out below MW almost every year and only has 1 more int, than MW since Williams entered into the league in 2017. They are tied with 2 each right now. Mathieu is older and not really having a great year. MW is balling in a contract year.

They play different positions. For what Williams does for us YES and it's not close. Mathieu is a move safety (plays both FS, SS, and CB.) But he's not as good as Marcus Williams as far as a pure FS.

Williams is in a deep shell I'd be willing to bet on 95 percent of our plays, whether that's cover 1, cover 2, 2 man under, cover 3, cover 4, or cover 6.

And no one in the league is better at erasing the deep ball than he is. No one on the list you posted earlier and certainly not Mathieu.

According to PFF, he was THE BEST safety in the league after 4 weeks...get out of here with this nonsense...

"Williams has never had a bad season in the NFL, and that doesn’t look like it's changing any time soon. He has a forced fumble to go along with two picks and a pass breakup so far this season for the Saints. His coverage grade is an impressive 74.9, and his 67.3 run-defense grade is above average despite three missed tackles so far this season.

Williams spends most of his time (88.8% of his snaps) as a free safety, well off the line of scrimmage, so his ability to make as many impactful plays as he does is truly impressive."

According to PFF, he was THE BEST safety in the league after 4 weeks...get out of here with this nonsense...

"Williams has never had a bad season in the NFL, and that doesn’t look like it's changing any time soon. He has a forced fumble to go along with two picks and a pass breakup so far this season for the Saints. His coverage grade is an impressive 74.9, and his 67.3 run-defense grade is above average despite three missed tackles so far this season.

Williams spends most of his time (88.8% of his snaps) as a free safety, well off the line of scrimmage, so his ability to make as many impactful plays as he does is truly impressive."
Nope...get out of here with those numbers and facts, I believe what I want to believe and that's all that matters to me.

(not sure if its sarcasm but anyway)
/sarcasm

Wow, talk about being a glutton for punishment. Can we get to over 100 clowns for this guy? 200? SMH

#ratio'd? lol

Marcus Williams is legit one of the best free safeties in the league. It took him a season or two to get over the "miracle" but he's seriously as good as it gets.

same dude week after week here.

lights the fuse.

walks away.
rx8gvo3n7af61.jpg

I love posts like this
It confirms there are people out there who know less about football than me 🙂
Almost every expert out there put him in the top 10, l believe l will listen to them over a forum poster whom often posts pure rubbish just to get attention

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom