The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

I saw a new Rivian SUV today, white with big black wheels - looked awesome. I think that R2 looks pretty awesome too.

The R3 looks to me a like VW Golf GTI with big wheels. I don’t get this strong response it’s getting.

Sorry if anyone loves it 😘

the back end looks more like a Yugo to me

unknown-year-yugo-gv-side-profile.webp

Someone on their forums tried to estimate some measurements, using overlapped images. Seems like the R3 lost the most on the back end of the vehicle compared to the R2

1709926131234-png.87796

The R3 looks to me a like VW Golf GTI with big wheels. I don’t get this strong response it’s getting.

Sorry if anyone loves it 😘

I've read the style is was intentionally designed similar to a rally car from decades past

“The brief I gave the design team was like, we need this to be our Solo Rally Car,” Hammoud told Road & Track. “So on our image boards, we had the Delta Integrale and the Audi Quattro coupe from that era.” But Hammoud didn’t want their design to be slavishly retro. He wanted it to, as he said, have “more of that nostalgic feeling where it looks modern, but where it looks like it’s from the future, and the past, at the same time.”

Also, theres some videos of it being driven amongst other videos, and yeah, it looks smaller out on the roads vs how it looked in the presentation

Tesla with a huge sales miss - and what appears to be massive inventory build.

The EV market has certainly gotten very soft but I don’t think Musk’s activities have helped the brand at all.

Tesla just gave their most recent version of FSD for a month to all owners who own vehicles with the necessary hardware. I’m guessing it’s a marketing move to try to get more people to buy or subscribe to it. I’ve been experimenting with it and it’s actually pretty impressive around town. Probably great for long distance driving. I can’t see shelling out $12K or $200 a month for it though. My “dumb” Tesla is just fine for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom