The Horror Thread (3 Viewers)

I love movies about religion (like End of Days) and also angels and demons, unfortunately there's so few that i know about
they're not horror per se, but i dig movies like Legion, the Prophecy, Constantine etc even if they're not great
(Constantine is my guilty pleasure to watch)
I'd like more of these kinds, even if they're not as obvious as having an actual 'angel' in em
I think The Seventh Sign is what won me over to watching religion themed "horror" or "thriller" movies.

I love movies about religion (like End of Days) and also angels and demons, unfortunately there's so few that i know about
they're not horror per se, but i dig movies like Legion, the Prophecy, Constantine etc even if they're not great
(Constantine is my guilty pleasure to watch)
I'd like more of these kinds, even if they're not as obvious as having an actual 'angel' in em
Welcome to the thread! I'd classify the movies you listed as horror, for sure. I think you might enjoy Immaculate. As I mentioned, the plot is pretty thin but it is beautifully shot and has some fun with the religious imagery.

Also, The First Omen releases in a couple of weeks which is a new entry to one of my favorite horror franchises. I'm certain it will be full of the religious horror that we both enjoy.

The First Omen is superb. The casting is perfect and the execution is expert level. A truly schizophrenic and nerve-shredding immersion that leaves ample room for continuation, all while paying respectful homage to the canon. I loved it.

This is what big budget horror should be.

The First Omen is superb. The casting is perfect and the execution is expert level. A truly schizophrenic and nerve-shredding immersion that leaves ample room for continuation, all while paying respectful homage to the canon. I loved it.

This is what big budget horror should be.

I had written this off amd didn't plan to see it. But I've heard ao much praise for it thr last week that now I've got to give it a go.

I had written this off amd didn't plan to see it. But I've heard ao much praise for it thr last week that now I've got to give it a go.
I really don't even know how they managed to mimic the tone of the original series so perfectly, but at times it almost feels like you are watching the original with some obvious upgrades. Nell Tiger Free's performance is worth the ticket price alone. The soundtrack and the entire sound design just totally fed the anxiety.

I really don't even know how they managed to mimic the tone of the original series so perfectly, but at times it almost feels like you are watching the original with some obvious upgrades. Nell Tiger Free's performance is worth the ticket price alone. The soundtrack and the entire sound design just totally fed the anxiety.

Sounds awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
Seems like AMC is following in the footsteps of all the other streaming services by introducing ad-supported tier.

According to the Broadcasting and Cable article, AMC Networks Launching Versions of Its Streamers With Commercials, it appears all of AMC Networks streaming websites, including Shudder, will be rolling out advertising commercials.

Seems like AMC is following in the footsteps of all the other streaming services by introducing ad-supported tier.

According to the Broadcasting and Cable article, AMC Networks Launching Versions of Its Streamers With Commercials, it appears all of AMC Networks streaming websites, including Shudder, will be rolling out advertising commercials.
then i suppose i won't be renewing shudder this year.

Yeah, I feel like if there is one genre that really doesn't lend itself to abrupt ad breaks it's horror. I'm sure they will be a bit more tactful with their placement of them than a service like Tubi, but that could really ruin a movie experience. I don't love that.

That said, Late Night with the Devil is now streaming on Shudder!

Late Night with the Devil matched, if not surpassed, the heavy praise. It's pretty rare for me to watch anything more than once, but I've already watched that one twice.

"Infested," a new Shudder original, is receiving nearly universal acclaim. It's been lumped in with the resurgence in the New French Extremity movement, which has seen recent successes with Julia Decourneau's "Titane" and Karim Ouelhaj's "Megalomaniac." Both films are equally remarkable and challenging to watch. For those interested, "Megalomaniac" is also available on Shudder, and "Titane" can be found on Hulu. However, fair warning: these films are not for the faint of heart.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. Jane Schoenbrun's first movie "We Are All Going to the World's Fair" really missed the mark for me, despite being adored amongst critics. That said, it had a tone that was very unique and there was enough there that led me to think they were capable of making something great. "I Saw the TV Glow" is getting similar praise, but the trailer seems familiar. And not just because the plot seems very close (almost annoyingly) to the first season of the amazingly underrated Channel Zero, but in that it seems almost an extension of their first film. I'm going to watch it, but I wish I were more excited about it.

the sequel to “28 Days Later” and “28 Weeks Later.”
The combination of Alex Garland writing and Nia DaCosta directing should make this pretty interesting. I need to go back and rewatch the first films. It's been years.

This is a real bummer. I trust A24, but I was looking forward to Bryan Fuller's vision for this. And whatever comes from this already delayed project, will now be pushed even more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom