The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

8E1FF833-5CE6-4F51-9D02-90A06D387B29.jpeg
Lol.

DFV said it best. We aren’t trapped in by them. They are trapped in by us. No cell. No sell.

Odd day. Felt like a big bullish run was coming for several tickers, then things just sort of stagnated.

EVGO continues to quietly chug along for me, and SPCE is starting to do its thing; now I just need SOFI to wake up.

2.3 billion volume candle on the Nasdaq earlier today. Plunge protection team doing gods work I suppose.

SMH

2.3 billion volume candle on the Nasdaq earlier today. Plunge protection team doing gods work I suppose.

SMH

Yep, another classic "Oh someone said something we already knew for over a year, but this time they mean it FA REAL for real" shakeout dip. Figures.

I have said it before and will say it again...The whole damn stock market has turned into a game of "Find the Algo Pattern." Virtually every single stock is on either a Wyckoff Accumulation, Wyckoff Distribution, or Parabolic Arc pattern, especially the heavily-retailed owned stocks; you just have to find the time frame it's on.

AMC, Weekly:

RRE6ExA.png

So... anyone got any old school, like, healthy bottom line, market share gain, future state type investing news or thoughts?

I've never been big on the 'technicals' and sure aren't hooking up with the Meme stocks (no hate to y'all who are, just not my type of risk play).

I don't mind standing still with my funds, but it feels like I need to shake it up a bit.

I have said it before and will say it again...The whole damn stock market has turned into a game of "Find the Algo Pattern." Virtually every single stock is on either a Wyckoff Accumulation, Wyckoff Distribution, or Parabolic Arc pattern, especially the heavily-retailed owned stocks; you just have to find the time frame it's on.

AMC, Weekly:

RRE6ExA.png
I continue to put a little more in where I can. Especially in stocks that have boatloads of future buyers and companies that are now not going to go bankrupt.
Random question. Have you looked into PLBY?

So... anyone got any old school, like, healthy bottom line, market share gain, future state type investing news or thoughts?

I've never been big on the 'technicals' and sure aren't hooking up with the Meme stocks (no hate to y'all who are, just not my type of risk play).

I don't mind standing still with my funds, but it feels like I need to shake it up a bit.

I believe EVGO offers the best of both worlds. Emerging sector and profitable, so the fundamentals are there...and it is 100% shorted.

One of my top 2 or 3 plays right now since February; and it's just getting started.

I continue to put a little more in where I can. Especially in stocks that have boatloads of future buyers and companies that are now not going to go bankrupt.
Random question. Have you looked into PLBY?

No, not familiar with that one. I'll have to give it a look in the AM.

I should add - This is exactly why they have indoctrinated the term "mEME sTOCKS" into people's vocabulary. They want to make it seem like a play involving a bunch of kids trying to manipulate the stock market, when in reality, large institutions are buying and holding just as much as retail is right now (not saying you believe this, per se, but I am sure it's a part of the overall mental exercise for why you have been against buying these for over year now).

They're all over-leveraged shorted stocks in which hedge funds went way over-aggressive in shorting during the pandemic. Framing them as "mEME sTOCKS" is one of the many ways they deter people from educating themselves on the subject and keeping them away from the plays.

Truth is, if you're patient and can deal with the ups and downs without freaking out, they're the safest swing plays on the market, because the (eventual) buying pressure is already there in the form of short positions, total return swaps, and FTDs, assuming you buy stock in a company that's actually not going to go bankrupt. When factoring in T+2 and T+6, the quarterly expiry time periods are virtually guaranteed gains at this point.

Textbook chart pattern...literally.

AMC, Daily:

Attachments

• original_450165492.png
    original_450165492.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 5
  • original_450165649.png
    original_450165649.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Textbook chart pattern...literally.

AMC, Daily:
Brutally honest question.

If you have the pattern figured out why not play it? If it's that obvious the HODL pattern may not be the best way. I sold everything except my ERJ calls. They are getting hammered. I also bought TSLA puts and they are up 150% in just the last two days offsetting the ERJ calls. The brutally honest question for me, why did I hold the ERJ calls? Brutally honest answer, I forked up.

Brutally honest question.

If you have the pattern figured out why not play it? If it's that obvious the HODL pattern may not be the best way. I sold everything except my ERJ calls. They are getting hammered. I also bought TSLA puts and they are up 150% in just the last two days offsetting the ERJ calls. The brutally honest question for me, why did I hold the ERJ calls? Brutally honest answer, I forked up.

Who says I'm not? I'm not going back in heavy until the quarterlies, but keep an amount in there that would satisfy should the "MOASS" occur during an odd time. :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom