The Investment Thread (3 Viewers)

If I create a fake $100 bill I could be in jail for 20 years. I just don’t understand how these white collar crimes on Wall Street rarely ever result in significant jail time.
Because we play this voting game where it's not important elected officials enforce rules for their benefactors and don't realize we are the ones they should be serving. It is the embodiment of the realization that our country is now an oligarchy.

We literally cannot get anything nice for the average person while we continue to make life better for the elite. And it is 100% on us idiots voting for folks who continue to cater to anyone except us voters because we'll keep electing them anyway.

72D39C58-C816-4874-92E1-8FC0D61E244F.jpeg
I actually had to look up what “inane” meant. It means “silly; stupid”.

They focus on that rather then GameStop beating forcasts on the bottom line but not top line.
884695E7-A7A7-4BD1-BD59-983B90298EC2.jpeg

But yes papa Cohen can now Yolo GameStop’s 1 billion in cash into stonks of his choosing. In the agreement it also states that Cohen’s LLC RC Ventures is allowed to pile in on the exact same trades if they want.

Attachments

• 343FB4D2-9116-4B02-941C-A4C7B158F17F.jpeg
    343FB4D2-9116-4B02-941C-A4C7B158F17F.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 0

I’ve watched the longer version too. He came right out and said Citadel works with other market makers to make sure the stocks valuation is where they think it should be.

How is this not market manipulation. Why not let supply and demand determine valuations?

Full video. His confession begins at 34 minutes. That’s right his confession. Lots and lots of people can start removing some tinfoil now. It’s no longer speculative. Citadel and others manipulate stocks to where THEY think it should be based on research and NOT based on the demand and supply of the stock.

Full video. His confession begins at 34 minutes. That’s right his confession. Lots and lots of people can start removing some tinfoil now. It’s no longer speculative. Citadel and others manipulate stocks to where THEY think it should be based on research and NOT based on the demand and supply of the stock.

MM and market analysts have a lot of controls over stock prices.

MM and market analysts have a lot of controls over stock prices.
Yep. They do. Card collecting is a great comparison. The value of a sports card is driven by (in part) it’s rarity. It’s like buying a card that is 1 of 50. And then seeing 500 of those cards listed for sale on eBay.

Can you imagine if card manufacturers had a loophole in which they could print additional cards in the name of “liquidity” to control the price? Absolutely bonkers.

To that end, many cards are investigated routinely to determine if it was a real original card or if it’s counterfeit. That type of stuff happens all the time at auctions.

Auctions is essentially the New York Stock Exchange. Only it’s accepted that your trading and selling counterfeit shares left and right.

Today was a good day. All my VMware Stock was converted to Broadcom which went up almost $85 a share.

Because we play this voting game where it's not important elected officials enforce rules for their benefactors and don't realize we are the ones they should be serving. It is the embodiment of the realization that our country is now an oligarchy.

We literally cannot get anything nice for the average person while we continue to make life better for the elite. And it is 100% on us idiots voting for folks who continue to cater to anyone except us voters because we'll keep electing them anyway.
And there are so many in this dumb*** country who idolize the ultra-rich and think they actually create well-paying jobs with their hefty tax cuts and government subsidies, when reality is that rich individuals hoard their wealth, and rich companies buy back their own stock. Witness Southwest airlines taking 7 billion in Covid money and buying back 5.6 billion of it's own stock.

Again, the greatest trick the rich in the USA have pulled off is convincing the poor it's their own fault they're poor.

Yes indeed the USA is an oligarchy. Piss on the whole lot of 'em

Looking over the last 3 months... HEI has been crushing it.

I did a pretty significant cash raise late last spring to pay for a few big ticket items I had coming up, and my account not only made all of that back up but pretty much added the same amount again to the green - it's on fire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom