The Investment Thread (7 Viewers)

I've done everything wrong in investing
I was staring at AMD thinking, 1.92$ is pretty cheap. I should lay off the booze for a bit and dump 500 or 1k at it.

Then I decided pot stocks were the better play. I was so wrong it makes me question if I've ever been right about anything.

If you haven't seen it, the documentary Inside Job is a scathing report on what transpired leading up to the financial crisis. If you watch it, you'll hate pretty much everyone in the financial services industry, if you don't already hate them, that is.

If you haven't seen it, the documentary Inside Job is a scathing report on what transpired leading up to the financial crisis. If you watch it, you'll hate pretty much everyone in the financial services industry, if you don't already hate them, that is.
Well I was a financial advisor, interestingly enough, during the crisis, lol. Definitely some interesting times. I recall when Bear Stearns and Lehman went belly up. It was wild.

And people will never really know how close to the brink our country was at the time. Without QE and the bailouts (for whatever they were worth), the run on banks would have been unparalleled.

The crazy thing is, it could happen again.

DFV quadrupled his share count from 800,000 (post split) to 5 million shares.

And he has open call options.

Just incredible.

Berkshire mega tank. Glitches everywhere.

Wonder what has suddenly happened?

[/ISPOILER]

DFV bought more

He's going to find himself being investigated by the SEC soon for manipulation. Also another interesting question, why does he always make these posts outside of market hours?

He's going to find himself being investigated by the SEC soon for manipulation. Also another interesting question, why does he always make these posts outside of market hours?
I’m not sure why he does. Way back when he was interrogated in front of congress. But he is definitely loud and proud right now.

I like that he discloses his position. So many manipulators don’t.

Edit: I really always should say that the biggest manipulation of the market in the last 10 years was when they made several securities Position Close Only for almost a week straight. Just wild.

I’m not sure why he does. Way back when he was interrogated in front of congress. But he is definitely loud and proud right now.

I like that he discloses his position. So many manipulators don’t.

Edit: I really always should say that the biggest manipulation of the market in the last 10 years was when they made several securities Position Close Only for almost a week straight. Just wild.
If he is really a man of the people and average retail traders then he would post things during market hours so most retail traders could jump on board. Instead he does just like industry insiders and posts outside of trading hours which can benefit him and leave retail traders holding the bag, I bet we will see that he made a pretty big sell off this morning.

If he is really a man of the people and average retail traders then he would post things during market hours so most retail traders could jump on board. Instead he does just like industry insiders and posts outside of trading hours which can benefit him and leave retail traders holding the bag, I bet we will see that he made a pretty big sell off this morning.
I was shocked he bought his most recent calls after he came back in May. On Superstonk we were speculating it was UBS buying all those $20 calls in an attempt to clear the Credit Suisse bags. Last week - Almost every trading day towards the end of day someone kept buying 5K contracts at $20 strike (which was ITM).

Turns out that the whale doing that was him.

My guess would be because of less trading volume, it’s easier to manipulate.

Bingo. Advantage to him and huge disadvantage to retail traders.
The big question I have is how he went from 800,000 shares to 5 million shares while being silent for 3 years.

He went silent June 21 2021 until this past May. At the time he had 200K shares. Then with the stock split that would turn into 800K shares.

We can’t find where any whale went that big during his his meme tweets in those two weeks in May.

One idea is he sold his 800K shares when it was around $50 a share in late June 2021. Then if he just played the market safely for a couple of years and went back all in when GameStop hit $10 a share shortly after Q1 earnings. But that’s just an idea. Who knows what he did.

Interestingly, had GameStop not diluted 45 million shares recently, then if DFV found a way to exercise his call options then he would be at exactly 5% ownership of a multibillion dollar company and would have had to file a 13D.

I get all the takes on this situation and I’m sure I’m biased. But this is just incredible how one dude in his basement turned a 50K yolo into more than a 200 million dollars in net worth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom