The Mandalorian discussion thread (8 Viewers)

While they might explore some dark themes, I don't expect anything bloody or super dark. That's probably going to be outside Disney's wheelhouse, and they generally don't want anything R rated. I'm not really seeing much outside maybe a darker theme at most.

... i've used the analogy before, but it would be much easier to contemporize a story about Mary Magdeline or the tax collector of Thomas than it would be to add on to Jesus's story
matthew was the tax collector

not sayin', just sayin' :run:

While they might explore some dark themes, I don't expect anything bloody or super dark. That's probably going to be outside Disney's wheelhouse, and they generally don't want anything R rated. I'm not really seeing much outside maybe a darker theme at most.

They're not going super dark, no. But I do anticipate a bit more moral ambiguity and shades of grey stuff. Despite Boba doing the right thing in his episodes and helping Din, he's a guy who is really only ever on his own side. "Crime lord with a code" Boba could be interesting.

They're not going super dark, no. But I do anticipate a bit more moral ambiguity and shades of grey stuff. Despite Boba doing the right thing in his episodes and helping Din, he's a guy who is really only ever on his own side. "Crime lord with a code" Boba could be interesting.

Agreed. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

you didn't hear about Disney After Dark?

you didn't hear about Disney After Dark?

I may be making this up, but I swore I saw/heard they were going to use Hulu for that heavier stuff.

Hell, I’m still wondering how they do Moon Knight.

I may be making this up, but I swore I saw/heard they were going to use Hulu for that heavier stuff.

Hell, I’m still wondering how they do Moon Knight.

They're piloting a platform called Disney Star in foreign markets thats going to skew more mature. They may use Hulu for that here, but there have been some whispers about Disney+ absorbing Hulu if the Disney Star thing works out in the test markets.

They're piloting a platform called Disney Star in foreign markets thats going to skew more mature. They may use Hulu for that here, but there have been some whispers about Disney+ absorbing Hulu if the Disney Star thing works out in the test markets.

If they absorb Hulu, I'd be ok with that as long as they don't bump the price up much.

That said, I'd keep it a separate app but all 3 apps under the Disney umbrella. I think families with kids would rather their kids just have access to Disney content.

For some reason, seeing Din watch Grogu go with Luke reminded me of the end of ET. Don't know if it was the music or what, but I was instantly reminded of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom