The Mandalorian discussion thread (4 Viewers)

For jumping the shark I'm speaking about bringing back a character clearly intended to be dead in the OT. Yes, I'm looking at you Rise of Skywalker. I know the EU did it, and I didn't like it there either. I didn't mind the cloning angle of bringing Palpatine back in the EU which, unlike RoS, made sense. I wasn't a fan of Terminator Maul either, though they handled the stories with him well in the cartoons. In all cases bringing back these dead characters was convoluted, confuses more casual fans and shows a real lack of creativity.

Mostly I want The Mandalorian to continue to establish its own cool villains. So far they have done a great job of adding new characters to the SW lore I want to know more about and see more of. They are expanding the universe, not confining or shrinking it as RoS did. Keep building, keep growing, keep creating. They have set up more than enough new content to not have to resurrect a dead character for story ideas.
This response is less about BFett will they/won’t they, but about Palpatine resurrection
I did not ‘need’ more palpatine and I was fine with Rey being no one but here we are
Mandalorian has dipped its toe into the ‘science’ pool more that SW has done before - both with the client/doctor wanting baby yoda (probably to extract midichlorians or what ever), but also with kuiil reprogramming
I have a feeling they’re going to lean harder into ‘bad science ‘ more than the force going forward

This response is less about BFett will they/won’t they, but about Palpatine resurrection
I did not ‘need’ more palpatine and I was fine with Rey being no one but here we are
Mandalorian has dipped its toe into the ‘science’ pool more that SW has done before - both with the client/doctor wanting baby yoda (probably to extract midichlorians or what ever), but also with kuiil reprogramming
I have a feeling they’re going to lean harder into ‘bad science ‘ more than the force going forward

WE DON'T SAY THE "M" WORD!!!!

I agree though, I didn't need so much rehashing in this Trilogy. There can be other evil in the universe without resurrecting Palpatine. I'm OK with Rey being a descendant of Palpatine, but the big bad could have just been some other Sith that knew Rey was his granddaughter and Ben was Vader's grandson and connected them in order to lure them together and get them to Exegol to steal their evil lifeforces and become all powerful and evil. This would end up with the same exact movie without the hookiness of having the Emperor back.

Eventhough Rey was born from evil, she still could have choosen good, as Luke did.

Yup
or Hondo from Rebels - actually Hondo seems unavoidable at this point, he would help tie a lot of stories together

No lie, one of my favorite parts of going to Galaxys Edge was the animatronic Hondo on Smugglers Run. So cool to see an animation only character get the live action treatment.

WE DON'T SAY THE "M" WORD!!!!

I agree though, I didn't need so much rehashing in this Trilogy. There can be other evil in the universe without resurrecting Palpatine. I'm OK with Rey being a descendant of Palpatine, but the big bad could have just been some other Sith that knew Rey was his granddaughter and Ben was Vader's grandson and connected them in order to lure them together and get them to Exegol to steal their evil lifeforces and become all powerful and evil. This would end up with the same exact movie without the hookiness of having the Emperor back.

Eventhough Rey was born from evil, she still could have choosen good, as Luke did.
It made the most sense to bring back Palpatine. He's essentially been the big bad for the entire Skywalker saga. Now that that story is done, there will be plenty of content to explore other parts of this world.

It made the most sense to bring back Palpatine. He's essentially been the big bad for the entire Skywalker saga. Now that that story is done, there will be plenty of content to explore other parts of this world.

I'd agree if maybe they'd drop a hint or two in TFA or TLJ. But to all of a sudden pop him up in RoS, just seemed "forced"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom