The Mandalorian discussion thread (7 Viewers)

I'm late to this party. I'm six episodes in.

I've been down on Star Wars for a while but finally watched Solo, which was pretty good, so I thought I would take the free Disney trial and watch Mandalorian.

I haven't been through this thread, so if I'm repeating anyone forgive me.

This is basically western Clint Eastwood ( The killer with a soft heart. Even sounds like him.) in full body armor in the Star Wars Universe.

And that's not a bad thing.

It's pretty cool so far.

Semi interesting read here, even if I am mostly ambivalent on whether the series really needs a Boba appearance...

Semi interesting read here, even if I am mostly ambivalent on whether the series really needs a Boba appearance...

Having Boba on the show would be jumping the shark. I really hope they don't go that route. They don't need to. Unlike TFA and RoS they have found the perfect balance between original content and fan service.

Having Boba on the show would be jumping the shark. I really hope they don't go that route. They don't need to. Unlike TFA and RoS they have found the perfect balance between original content and fan service.

I dont really think it would. Clone Wars basically set up the Fetts as impostor Mandalorians and Mandalorians not being super happy about that. It's not a major thread or anything, but theres actual connective tissue there that allows it to not be a blatant shoe horn.

I dont really think it would. Clone Wars basically set up the Fetts as impostor Mandalorians and Mandalorians not being super happy about that. It's not a major thread or anything, but theres actual connective tissue there that allows it to not be a blatant shoe horn.
right, plot wise it would be fine, but it's unnecessary
one of the beautiful things about the mandalorian, is that it creeps around the edges of the world of the movies - more interesting if mando comes into contact with the other bounty hunters who were hanging out with the Hutts vs someone super well know like Boba

Since I've been binging The Clone Wars, I'd rather see Cad Bane make an appearance than Boba Fett, even though I do think Fett is an elephant in the room that needs to be addressed sooner or later.
Yup
or Hondo from Rebels - actually Hondo seems unavoidable at this point, he would help tie a lot of stories together

Yup
or Hondo from Rebels - actually Hondo seems unavoidable at this point, he would help tie a lot of stories together
I'm just in the early part of TCW season 3, which has some Mandalore-centric stuff. I'll get in on Rebels after. Hopefully, I'll be caught up before Clone Wars is back in Feb.

I love the fact that Favreau tweeted this, and someone else made it. Then that content creator, posted a comment like, "wow, JF posted this on Twitter.. I'm rich!" haha.

I'm late to this party. I'm six episodes in.

I've been down on Star Wars for a while but finally watched Solo, which was pretty good, so I thought I would take the free Disney trial and watch Mandalorian.

I haven't been through this thread, so if I'm repeating anyone forgive me.

This is basically western Clint Eastwood ( The killer with a soft heart. Even sounds like him.) in full body armor in the Star Wars Universe.

And that's not a bad thing.

It's pretty cool so far.

For jumping the shark I'm speaking about bringing back a character clearly intended to be dead in the OT. Yes, I'm looking at you Rise of Skywalker. I know the EU did it, and I didn't like it there either. I didn't mind the cloning angle of bringing Palpatine back in the EU which, unlike RoS, made sense. I wasn't a fan of Terminator Maul either, though they handled the stories with him well in the cartoons. In all cases bringing back these dead characters was convoluted, confuses more casual fans and shows a real lack of creativity.

Mostly I want The Mandalorian to continue to establish its own cool villains. So far they have done a great job of adding new characters to the SW lore I want to know more about and see more of. They are expanding the universe, not confining or shrinking it as RoS did. Keep building, keep growing, keep creating. They have set up more than enough new content to not have to resurrect a dead character for story ideas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom