The Pete Carmichael Problem (3 Viewers)

You know... it would have been more of a genius play call to let your QB run it with a bum shoulder, under the assumption that that would have actually caught the defense off guard.
I mean at least we recognize that defenses just flow with Taysom now, that play might have actually worked if Carr was designed to throw it

Very rarely is TH at FB. But on our own 1 put TH at FB don't you think the D figures it's for sure going to TH? And would be keying on him? Sorry, the play call was fine and giving it to AP was the right guy, he's been good on almost all of his FB belly calls. His only fumble before came on a pass reception. He just fumbled to say it was bad play called or wrong player is misguided.
Misdirection,handoff/one handed pitch fake on our own 1yrd line? Like to play it risky much? I can imagine if that would have called and been blown up, ya'll would have found PC's house and burned it down
So put Kamara behind him. Now there’s two keys. Guess who else is rarely at fullback?

I said to fake the pitch after handing the ball off. Which means the ball is already going upfield but whoever’s keying on Kamara has to stay honest. Misdirection takes defensive players away from where the ball actually is, at no cost to the offense, because the player carrying out the misdirection… doesn’t have the football. I know of a struggling offense that might struggle a bit less if they incorporated that into their schemes a bit more.

So put Kamara behind him. Now there’s two keys. Guess who else is rarely at fullback?

I said to fake the pitch after handing the ball off. Which means the ball is already going upfield but whoever’s keying on Kamara has to stay honest. Misdirection takes defensive players away from where the ball actually is, at no cost to the offense, because the player carrying out the misdirection… doesn’t have the football. I know of a struggling offense that might struggle a bit less if they incorporated that into their schemes a bit more.
Those fakes after handing the ball off are pretty worthless, It's like when the QB fakes like he's throwing a pass after handing the ball off to the RB . It was not the play called nor the player the ball was given to. It was however the player;s fault he fumbled

With an obvious axe to grind, and purposefully making absolute lies, to make Carr look as poor as possible.

Again, Carr has room for improvement, and shares in some of the blame, but this Reddit post is a hatchet job.

Our offense was pedestrian last year, and the year before as well.

Carr may have some share in the disappointment, but the lions share is by far on Carmichael
Aged like cheese.

He then goes on to say that there are ways to make it a lot easier, criticises how we keep getting away from the run and how we have run the fewest playaction passes in the league.

Way to take a single sentence out of context!

He then goes on to say that there are ways to make it a lot easier, criticises how we keep getting away from the run and how we have run the fewest playaction passes in the league.

Way to take a single sentence out of context!
My man... the context is everywhere.

He’s not watching the games. PC down and distance play calls are horrendous.
Down and distance calls are awful. You'll get 3rd and long and 3 guys will stop before the sticks and you'll get bombs on 3rd and short. You get 3 straight red zone plays with AK and Taysom on the sideline. It's just awful.

We also have no idea who the primary target is on any of the plays that he's missing wide open receivers on. If Carr can't go through a 4 target progression, why are we running plays that require it. Carr isn't Brees, he isn't going to find the 3rd or 4th option.

Carmichael can't put together a plan to get the most out of what he has.

Down and distance calls are awful. You'll get 3rd and long and 3 guys will stop before the sticks and you'll get bombs on 3rd and short. You get 3 straight red zone plays with AK and Taysom on the sideline. It's just awful.

We also have no idea who the primary target is on any of the plays that he's missing wide open receivers on. If Carr can't go through a 4 target progression, why are we running plays that require it. Carr isn't Brees, he isn't going to find the 3rd or 4th option.

Carmichael can't put together a plan to get the most out of what he has.

It's hard to get much out of watered down yoohoo for QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom