The Pete Carmichael Problem (2 Viewers)

The worst call all game was handing the ball off before the half. And THAT was one of Saints all time bad play calls and IMHO tells you that Dennis Allen is not fit to be a HC. Think of Giants Picarcek handoff flub.
They were on the 1-yard line. The handoff was the right call. The person receiving the handoff was the wrong person. That's 10000000000000000% on Pete Carmichael. If Dennis Allen had run out all nine defensive linemen + the kicker & punter to stop TB from turning Pete's disaster call into points, then you could blame Allen.

Interestingly enough, Carr played a role in both of these plays having a chance at success. In the first one, we leave the EMOL unblocked, and the EMOL hesitates instead of going directly after Taysom, giving us the 1st.

View attachment trim.40BA974E-AF3A-4E1F-BB1A-EB19358EE218.MOV

In the second one, the safety bites (#30) on Carr going left long enough to give Kamara time to get to the edge with two blockers on two defenders. Peat and Bowden both miss their blocks horribly and make Kamara go backwards, killing the play. Both the downfield blockers are trying to create an edge for Kamara to go around, there are no defenders behind them to stop Kamara if he gets there.

View attachment trim.6975E1DA-D48F-4C42-8E03-7561F29E5D6A.MOV

Interestingly enough, Carr played a role in both of these plays having a chance at success. In the first one, we leave the EMOL unblocked, and the EMOL hesitates instead of going directly after Taysom, giving us the 1st.

View attachment trim.40BA974E-AF3A-4E1F-BB1A-EB19358EE218.MOV

In the second one, the safety bites (#30) on Carr going left long enough to give Kamara time to get to the edge with two blockers on two defenders. Peat and Bowden both miss their blocks horribly and make Kamara go backwards, killing the play. Both the downfield blockers are trying to create an edge for Kamara to go around, there are no defenders behind them to stop Kamara if he gets there.

View attachment trim.6975E1DA-D48F-4C42-8E03-7561F29E5D6A.MOV
On the 2nd vid that's what I saw, Peat and Bowden were abysmal in their blocking and pretty much ruined the play, even if Prentice recognizes that peat and Bowden missed their blocks and tries to help the play may have had a chance, but he runs past the train wreck . But Mr. I took a course so I'm a qualified expert who made the video never once mentioned the horrible job AP and Bowden did. He just want's to go for the low hanging fruit and blame it all on PC

They were on the 1-yard line. The handoff was the right call. The person receiving the handoff was the wrong person. That's 10000000000000000% on Pete Carmichael. If Dennis Allen had run out all nine defensive linemen + the kicker & punter to stop TB from turning Pete's disaster call into points, then you could blame Allen.
LOL the FB belly play is a staple of any O close to the goal line. Hand it to the deep back and there a chance he's caught in the backfield for a safety. You can't not give the ball to AP thinking he's going to fumble . He's been pretty reliable in the past. NO way is that on PC it's all on Prentice for fumbling

On the 2nd vid that's what I saw, Peat and Bowden were abysmal in their blocking and pretty much ruined the play, even if Prentice recognizes that peat and Bowden missed their blocks and tries to help the play may have had a chance, but he runs past the train wreck . But Mr. I took a course so I'm a qualified expert who made the video never once mentioned the horrible job AP and Bowden did. He just want's to go for the low hanging fruit and blame it all on PC
Abysmal is the word. If the blocking is ok from Peat and Bowden and we get to those last two defenders but can only pick up five yards, nobody really questions either play. We would be saying how close we were if Hill and/or Prentice could have held their blocks downfield.

DC at fullback on 4th and 1. Most asinine play call I have seen in years
Nothing is wrong with handing the ball to your full back to get off the one yard line… especially if your offensive line can’t block anything. You are just asking for a safety..

It’s a pretty common play to hand to full back in that type of situation. Fullback just needs to not fumble…

LOL the FB belly play is a staple of any O close to the goal line. Hand it to the deep back and there a chance he's caught in the backfield for a safety. You can't not give the ball to AP thinking he's going to fumble . He's been pretty reliable in the past. NO way is that on PC it's all on Prentice for fumbling
Taysom Hill is on this roster

Is it just me, but I recall Sean running the same play again, by using many different personnel packages. I don't see that with Pete. It really looks like the other team knows 95% of the time, the play we are about to run. Lance Moore said he knows the play we are going to run, by the package we send in.

Did you see the interview with Kamara?? The players on the team know what the problem is and how to fix it.

His answer over and over again was "We just run the play that's called." He more or less threw the coaching staff under the bus.

I really think/hope we will see something different on Sunday. They know it's an issue, and the tape shows a lot of things that need to be better.

O line is still and issue but at least was better Sunday. They need to keep improving.

Carmichael has to call better plays in 3rd down situations/red zone and Carr just has to start taking easy completions when they are available. He is looking past 2 open short reads waiting for a big play.

No handoff at all!!!!! So you guys think the Giants having Pisarcek was the right call?

No handoff at all!!!!! So you guys think the Giants having Pisarcek was the right call?
With our O line performing abysmally a QB sneak could have easy have been a chance for a safety with a hurt DC running it. The FB belly was the right call. a quick handoff to a running FB SMH

A handoff deeper in the backfield gives the D line a chance to penetrate thus more chance for a safety
Does Taysom Hill not occasionally line up at fullback?

Would this have been an opportunity to introduce some misdirection (woefully missing from the play calls through 4 games) via the handoff/one-hand pitch fake Brees liked to run sometimes?

Or did the ball absolutely have to go to the guy with 14 career touches to that point?

Does Taysom Hill not occasionally line up at fullback?

Would this have been an opportunity to introduce some misdirection (woefully missing from the play calls through 4 games) via the handoff/one-hand pitch fake Brees liked to run sometimes?

Or did the ball absolutely have to go to the guy with 14 career touches to that point?
Very rarely is TH at FB. But on our own 1 put TH at FB don't you think the D figures it's for sure going to TH? And would be keying on him? Sorry, the play call was fine and giving it to AP was the right guy, he's been good on almost all of his FB belly calls. His only fumble before came on a pass reception. He just fumbled to say it was bad play called or wrong player is misguided.
Misdirection,handoff/one handed pitch fake on our own 1yrd line? Like to play it risky much? I can imagine if that would have called and been blown up, ya'll would have found PC's house and burned it down

This calls to mind the inexplicable Brees at wide receiver plays of the past. Let's make it a 10 against 11 for the offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom