The Pete Carmichael Problem (1 Viewer)

I won't argue with that... but if it's 3rd and 1, I'd rather Taysom run it from the QB position rather than throw it to him on a hitch to get a first down.
Sure every game has questionable calls... But when we have Jameis 2.0 at QB holding the ball trying to force a big play instead of Drew Breesin it down the field, doesn't matter if we had questionable calls when the calls that were right don't get executed.

Reverse action off of a handoff to the QB............................................ What? who is going to fall for that? Hand off to Hill maybe.... not to Carr.

my post from the Gameday thread

I think he was over thinking with the Carr at FB plays. Once on the short yardage 4th down, that was ok because it was so random it seemed suspicious.

The play where they faked the handoff and lost a dozen yards or whatever just tells me they’re gonna run that ish again

Hear me out on the second play. Keep the same lineup but have Taysom fake the hand off to both Carr and Kamara and thow it to carr down the sideline. He would have been wide open and walk into the endzone.
I remember hearing that Hill was told that under no circumstances was he to ever throw to Drew. I would imagine the same rule is in place with Carr, especially with him nursing a bum shoulder. Maybe Carr will eventually talk him into it, though. It would either be glorious or an unmitigated disaster.

Sure every game has questionable calls... But when we have Jameis 2.0 at QB holding the ball trying to force a big play instead of Drew Breesin it down the field, doesn't matter if we had questionable calls when the calls that were right don't get executed.

I'd actually like to see how the play developed over a still shot. Taysom is "open", but at that point of the picture you have an OL/DT in the passing lane. When someone is open is also important. If that pass is deflected, you have two defenders in the vicinity.

Oh, so Sack then? Cool.

Or Triple covered?

Relooking at the slides. your point is null, the guys were wide open with one man to beat for a first, instead of a bomb that was way off target... or a sack... So we can all dump on Carmichael all we want, but Carr should take most of the blame for this game. It was very very bad watching him stare down receivers and hold the ball.
Point is not null. On slide 3, where says Jimmy Graham is a yard in from of his man, first he's not, and second Jimmy Grham is 3 yards short of the first and will likely be tackled.

Slide 4, Shaheed is 3 yards from the first down marker, and the marker isn't even on the screen, there may be several defenders right there.

Slide 5, it's first and 15, and Graham and Kamara are literally behind the line of scrimmage.

The the reddit guy MUST be lying because that play starts at the 41, and he says Carr takes a sack, but on the next slide he says "very next play" but the line of scrimmage is the 47, so it could not have been the next play or he could not have been sacked.

On that play it's second and 16, and he says Grham and Jones open, but they are at the line of scrimmage on a 2nd and 16 and the reddit guy guys "carr throws it deep for no reason, he threw it deep cuz it was 2nd and 16.

Next slide he says sheed wide open but he's not, next slide he says graham open but hes not, next play he says ball is forced to olave but he's obviously open. and on the last slide he is complaining about a 3rd down pass we didn't throw 5 yards short of the first down.

I think this reddit poster must be Josh McDaniels, and it only proves you dont know what you are talking about and have an axe to grind.

I'd actually like to see how the play developed over a still shot. Taysom is "open", but at that point of the picture you have an OL/DT in the passing lane. When someone is open is also important. If that pass is deflected, you have two defenders in the vicinity.
The pictures show clear lanes so... really when?

They don't look at videos on the Ipad on the sideline. they look at pictures. They used to look at prints of pictures... So at any time.

Point is not null. On slide 3, where says Jimmy Graham is a yard in from of his man, first he's not, and second Jimmy Grham is 3 yards short of the first and will likely be tackled.

Slide 4, Shaheed is 3 yards from the first down marker, and the marker isn't even on the screen, there may be several defenders right there.

Slide 5, it's first and 15, and Graham and Kamara are literally behind the line of scrimmage.

The the reddit guy MUST be lying because that play starts at the 41, and he says Carr takes a sack, but on the next slide he says "very next play" but the line of scrimmage is the 47, so it could not have been the next play or he could not have been sacked.

On that play it's second and 16, and he says Grham and Jones open, but they are at the line of scrimmage on a 2nd and 16 and the reddit guy guys "carr throws it deep for no reason, he threw it deep cuz it was 2nd and 16.

Next slide he says sheed wide open but he's not, next slide he says graham open but hes not, next play he says ball is forced to olave but he's obviously open. and on the last slide he is complaining about a 3rd down pass we didn't throw 5 yards short of the first down.

I think this reddit poster must be Josh McDaniels, and it only proves you dont know what you are talking about and have an axe to grind.

Oh Im so sorrry, Im used to Drew Brees putting passes right where players can get them with little to no seperation...

Slide 3 Graham is open. 40 yard Bomb off target into coverage...

Slide 4 The fastest man on the field, the marker is 4 yards past the blue line.

Slide 5 1 and 15, you get that 5 back and hope for 2 and 7.... HE GOT SACKED.

Ok so I just nullified your points again... Who doesn't know what they are talking about?

here is your mirror.

I'm going do some thing more constructive... in the mean time, Carmicheal made some bone headed play calls... But to think Carr doesn't take the bulk of the blame for his own performance is asinine.

Oh, so Sack then? Cool.

Or Triple covered?

Relooking at the slides. your point is null, the guys were wide open with one man to beat for a first, instead of a bomb that was way off target... or a sack... So we can all dump on Carmichael all we want, but Carr should take most of the blame for this game. It was very very bad watching him stare down receivers and hold the ball.

Clown all you want, but he's right. Carr held the ball too long again waiting for the shot downfield to come open.

There are 3 and 5 yard routes open that move the chains and control possession, but he seems averse to taking them.

He's playing like Bruce Arians has mind control over him.

Statistically Carr took far fewer shots downfield this last game then he has in any of the other weeks

And he’s talking about throwing short of the first down marker, which is what we did last year that didn’t work

Last edited:
I’m not saying that Carr doesn’t have significant room for improvement, especially think it was obvious his shoulder was bothering him more than they let us know, and he was off target on several passes, however, his 10 slide contrived, This “it’s all Carr’s fault” Reddit post is filled with a bunch of horse crap

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling PC is going to call “The Annexation of Puerto Rico” in New England this Sunday!!!

TBH… I gagged a little when he referred to Carr as our “franchise QB”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom